Changing bulbs - Overhead console '07

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing bulbs - Overhead console '07

Guys have any clue as to how to change the bulbs in the overhead console? I am wanting some LEDS to use instead.

I looked at it the other day, and am not sure how without breaking the lense covers.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aftermarket
Guys have any clue as to how to change the bulbs in the overhead console? I am wanting some LEDS to use instead.

I looked at it the other day, and am not sure how without breaking the lense covers.

Easy as pie.

Grab the rear end and hold the front up. pull down firmly.
Sometimes its easier to pull it down from both sides for me, and other times easier to pull it from the front. Just depends how my fingers feel at the time.

Its gonna be tough, but the whole console pulls right down. Dont yank to hard though, it has the small wiring harness attached to it.
after it pops down, unplug it and change your bulbs out. plug it back in, and it pops right back on.

Trust me i have had my share of console ups and downs.

heres a pic of the backside. those little pointy things (clips) near the very top, beside the lights and out at the bottom hold the console up. the small black ***** are the bulbs.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 AM

Oh by the way, what color you thinking of adding?
I have contemplated doing blue leds in my overheads and some blue bars under the dash/rear seat.

snap a nice pic of your interior once you put them in for me. I wanna see the light dispersion in the interior with LEDs

Old 10-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
Oh by the way, what color you thinking of adding?
I have contemplated doing blue leds in my overheads and some blue bars under the dash/rear seat.

snap a nice pic of your interior once you put them in for me. I wanna see the light dispersion in the interior with LEDs
Added the new LED bulbs this morning from V-Leds that I bought on Ebay. I got the blue color, although now that I notice it more, I should have gone to maybe the white color instead. One of the bulbs that came didn't work at all, so looking to get a replacement asap.

Will get pics up as soon as it's rectified.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by aftermarket
Added the new LED bulbs this morning from V-Leds that I bought on Ebay. I got the blue color, although now that I notice it more, I should have gone to maybe the white color instead. One of the bulbs that came didn't work at all, so looking to get a replacement asap.

Will get pics up as soon as it's rectified.
Looking forward to it. Im still waiting to see if the LED upgrade is all its cracked up to be. I hardly use my overheads anyhow. Hell the only thing i use the overhead for now is just the TV screen so maybe if the leds arent the shiznit, then i can use the blue lights as mood lighting.

Last edited by Fabian06SC; 10-24-2007 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Changing bulbs - Overhead console '07