Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Interior Care
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!





Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Senior Member
2000 Ford F-150
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MB
Vehicle: 2000 Ford F-150
Posts: 427
Send a message via MSN to aftermarket
Changing bulbs - Overhead console '07

Guys have any clue as to how to change the bulbs in the overhead console? I am wanting some LEDS to use instead.

I looked at it the other day, and am not sure how without breaking the lense covers.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------
'00 Black XLT S/C Flareside 4x4 Project Darkness
'99 Silver XLT S/C 4x4 Project Silver Surfer
'00 Millenium F-150 Black XLT Flareside 4x4 The Black Project
'00 F-150 White XLT Flareside RWD "The Wicked Project"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2006 Ford F-150
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Near Houston
Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via AIM to Fabian06SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermarket
Guys have any clue as to how to change the bulbs in the overhead console? I am wanting some LEDS to use instead.

I looked at it the other day, and am not sure how without breaking the lense covers.

Click the image to open in full size.

Easy as pie.

Grab the rear end and hold the front up. pull down firmly.
Sometimes its easier to pull it down from both sides for me, and other times easier to pull it from the front. Just depends how my fingers feel at the time.

Its gonna be tough, but the whole console pulls right down. Dont yank to hard though, it has the small wiring harness attached to it.
after it pops down, unplug it and change your bulbs out. plug it back in, and it pops right back on.

Trust me i have had my share of console ups and downs.
Click the image to open in full size.


heres a pic of the backside. those little pointy things (clips) near the very top, beside the lights and out at the bottom hold the console up. the small black ***** are the bulbs.
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________


"The things most regreted are the things you never did"
Qoute of the week lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti96 View Post
... if you searched it would have been right at the top I bet... I tried. Spoon feeding isn't my forte'.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor
2006 Ford F-150
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Near Houston
Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via AIM to Fabian06SC
Oh by the way, what color you thinking of adding?
I have contemplated doing blue leds in my overheads and some blue bars under the dash/rear seat.

snap a nice pic of your interior once you put them in for me. I wanna see the light dispersion in the interior with LEDs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
2000 Ford F-150
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MB
Vehicle: 2000 Ford F-150
Posts: 427
Send a message via MSN to aftermarket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
Oh by the way, what color you thinking of adding?
I have contemplated doing blue leds in my overheads and some blue bars under the dash/rear seat.

snap a nice pic of your interior once you put them in for me. I wanna see the light dispersion in the interior with LEDs
Added the new LED bulbs this morning from V-Leds that I bought on Ebay. I got the blue color, although now that I notice it more, I should have gone to maybe the white color instead. One of the bulbs that came didn't work at all, so looking to get a replacement asap.

Will get pics up as soon as it's rectified.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------
'00 Black XLT S/C Flareside 4x4 Project Darkness
'99 Silver XLT S/C 4x4 Project Silver Surfer
'00 Millenium F-150 Black XLT Flareside 4x4 The Black Project
'00 F-150 White XLT Flareside RWD "The Wicked Project"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2006 Ford F-150
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Near Houston
Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via AIM to Fabian06SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermarket
Added the new LED bulbs this morning from V-Leds that I bought on Ebay. I got the blue color, although now that I notice it more, I should have gone to maybe the white color instead. One of the bulbs that came didn't work at all, so looking to get a replacement asap.

Will get pics up as soon as it's rectified.
Looking forward to it. Im still waiting to see if the LED upgrade is all its cracked up to be. I hardly use my overheads anyhow. Hell the only thing i use the overhead for now is just the TV screen so maybe if the leds arent the shiznit, then i can use the blue lights as mood lighting.
__________________


"The things most regreted are the things you never did"
Qoute of the week lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti96 View Post
... if you searched it would have been right at the top I bet... I tried. Spoon feeding isn't my forte'.

Last edited by Fabian06SC; 10-24-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM


 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 AM.


 
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Contact Us Advertising Privacy Statement Terms of Service Jobs Forum Text Archives
Emails & Contact Details