Some Help Here!!

Old 01-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Some Help Here!!

well its about time to start on a totally new interior.... this is in the process of being a show truck.. so any thoughts are needed...

so far this is what ive thought of

seats - racing style seats with the silver/orange combo on them.

Console - custom fiberglass setup. gonna move my in dash dvd touchscreen and heat/ac controls down into the console. And going to mount a tv screen in their place. hopefully find some room for an xbox and maybe my 2 10 inch subs

now here is where i need input..

dash-??
floorboard-??
headliner-??

i love the orange color.. but too much of it inside will make it a pain to drive on a sunny day.. it will blind you!

so comeon!! help a fellow guy out

Old 01-03-2007, 08:41 PM
not that i know anything about this stuff, and this is probably stupid, but you know how they have those fake wood layovers for things, to make it look richer. whereever you would put the layover would put orange, like the airvents and your steering wheel, and then have the rest silver. but then again thats probably not original enough for a show truck.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah I like that idea. Do ur dash up in silver ( even if its grey now ) and go a little custom with sutff, like outlined A/C vents orange with the little vents siver, & like block & unblock little switch orange... steering wheel silver with the same color scheme emblem you will have I front ( top of the Ford emblem orange & blending to silver on the bottom of it would look badass ) just a lay over decal from webxtreams, or if ur wheel doesn't have the blue emblem in it already get a wheel cover that does, silver carpet, orange & silver two toned seats ( like silver centers & outer orange outtlined in silver ) maybe orange seat belts?

All of that would look pretty sweet IMO

Old 01-04-2007, 02:25 PM
what about painting the dash to match your truck colors? Maybe the vents could be the silver color and your dash pieces orange. Or flip flop the colors, dash pieces silver and vents etc... orange.

headliner....maybe a matte black.

floorboard, tough one too. if your seats and dash were to match your paint maybe your floor could be black as well, with maybe some orange F-150 logos or something. and the ford logo in silver.

it may look awful, I don't know, but in my head i think that would look good.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
thats what i said.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
i would follow the paint scheme that you have on the outside or do the majority silver with orange accents and some sort of pinstriping. me personally i like the old school style of pinstriping. if you are going to smooth everything out i would stick with the same paint scheme that you have on the exterior.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:11 PM
yeah im planning on stickin with the exterior colors..

i like the steering wheel thought there ws6... mine does have the blue oval in it. some good ideas there... i would probably use more silver than orange inside to keep it toned down a little and not to wild... using orange for accents and eye catching things..

Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
sorry about duplicating there hillman....I was reading and talking to the wife at the same time. completely didn't mean to duplicate you. so I found another mixture that doesn't go well....f150online and wife....haha

Old 01-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
first suggestion is send me that center console

But i think paint the dash silver with a few orange accents would look good. If you do too much orange inside, it will look "over the top" and to me if its not practical, and functioning, i dont really look twice at it.

I think the vents and a/c gauges will be enough orange for me. Maybe try doing a custom Gauge overlay in your orange for your speedo/tach cluster.
-Patrick

Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 PM
i wish i had a picture of a dash that i could photoshop and kinda get the idea out there... its hard to explain.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:21 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 1fast4.6
i wish i had a picture of a dash that i could photoshop and kinda get the idea out there... its hard to explain.
I gotta get to sleep, but ill play around in PS tomorrow and whip something up

Old 01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
If it was me, I'd look into getting those diamond plate floorboards custom done. I've seen them before in a magazine--just don't remember which one. They were aluminum, though--very nice.

As for the headliner, x2 on matte black.

As for the seats, I'd try to find a way to get some F-150 logos embroidered into them.

As for the dash...??? I really dunno. Zaairman has a custom dash, I believe. Ask him.

Search this Thread