Is Armor all bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2000, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I guess I'll be a dissenting vote again. I've got a '67 Mustang that's had Armoll All on the dash for over 20 years and it hasn't cracked yet. My '83 Mustang cracked within 10 years.
Maybe it's not the product that's the problem, maybe it's the quality of the vinyl that's the problem.

------------------
1999 Lariat Super Cab, S.B. 5.4L, 3.55 LS
and everything but the leaky slider window.
Bright red w/ gold 2-tone, Leather Captain's Chairs
Mods: Duraliner bedliner, Bugflector II, Hide-a-hooks.
& a leeetle chrome tip on the exhaust.

Old 11-09-2000, 05:48 PM
Thumbs up

Not in my estimation.

I've used Armor All since the early 70's and have never had anything crack on any of my cars. I had two 73 Corvettes that I kept for 25 years in AZ, then TX and finally IA without a problem and always kept a light coating of ArmorAll on the dash and seats.

On my HD/F-150, I don't use any Armor All on the interior as I think the shininess does take away aesthetically from the good looks.

------------------
2000 F-150 Harley-Davidson

Old 11-15-2000, 04:08 PM
Exclamation

Florida sun hates vehicles!!!!! No cure except garage.

------------------
2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Flare Side 4x4 Lariat
5.4L;auto;3.55LS;Black/Silver;Off-Road;remote keyless entry;floor shift 4wd;Class III

Installed accessories so far:
Lund X-Terminator bug shield; Vent Shade Vent Visors; GTS headlight blackouts; Westin Black nerf bars; Pendaliner bedliner
Pending
Genuine Steel Products (Longtek Engineering) black Grille/Brush Guard; Crank torsion bars to level truck; Trail Blazer II Slotted taillight covers; Clear corner lenses
Wish list:
Roll bar; Lots of lights; Flowmaster 40 or 50 Series single to dual exhaust; Aluminum dash kit; White gauges; Optima red top battery; Hidden winch; Custom backup lights; Kenwood TV/CD/AM/FM/DVD system; Viper alarm w/ remote start; Rancho RS9000s; PIAA front air dam; Super charger; Lightning emblems (after super charger); Custom tonneu cover to fit around roll bar; Custom backup lights; A 18' - 25' boat to tag along behind

Please visit My Web Site (Just Updated)
or e-mail me lariat4wd@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by lariat4wd (edited 11-15-2000).]

Quick Reply: Is Armor all bad?