Ford Keyless Entry / Alarm

Old 01-02-2000, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ford Keyless Entry / Alarm

Hi all,

No Y2K bugs, anybody want 2000 gallons of drinking water? Just kidding.

Has anybody installed the FORD Remote Keyless Entry System or the Vehicle Security System? (The ones found in the Ford F-Series Accessories catalog from Ford)

I would like to install a keyless entry system but am undecided on which one. JC Whitney has one for $40 in their catalog, Ford wants $180 for theirs.

Anybody have an opinion on this?

Best Regards

Michael

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT SC 4X4 5.4L ( 2000 )
9.75 inch 3.55 open rear
Air Box Mods and K&N filter
P265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueller H/T
Black DeeZee Running Boards
Vent Shades
SportMaster Tonneau Cover
I want an AUBURN GEAR Limited Slip Rear Differential!

Old 01-02-2000, 02:15 PM
J-C
Thumbs up

I ordered mine with "Remote Keyless Entry" option and then added the dealer installed "anti-theft" system on top of it. It is an "ignition kill" system. It is silent, no blinking indicator lights. It works for me.

Old 01-02-2000, 06:22 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Cool

I have the total package on my truck. Plus it has the decals on both doors. Was on the truck when I bought it, used. Has the motion alarm ,kill starter,pull the door handels it goes off. This system works on the FORD key fob no extra remotes needed. Ford total security system on windows.

------------------
Red/Silver LARIAT, SC,Flareside 4x4 ORP,Tow Pack.,A.R.E Fg. Bedcover,3.55LS,4.6L,Auto,Spiltfire Platinum 3 Sparkplugs,New Motorcraft Drive Belt,K&N Airfilter W/Mod.Factory Airbox,Tornado Air Man., Velocity Tube,Custom Dual Exhaust W/20`` Chrome Tips,AVS Window Shades & Door Sills & Tail Lite Slots,GTS Carbon Fiber Headlite Covers,FORD 2-Piece Bra, Tinted Windows, Pendaliner Tailgate(Inner)Cover,Ford Security System W/Motion Alarm, Foglites Works W/Brites On, FORD #1 TRUCK Under Glass On Front Bumper,A/TS Goodyear Tires,Perfomance Fiction Carbon Metallic Disc Brake Pads, Owens Fg. Step Boards,55 Watt (Replacement) Backup Lites,Pilot 55 Watt Back up Lites On Hitch Under Truck. This is LARIAT 1... IN The Great State Of Indiana..........http://hometown.aol.com/terrylariat1...page/auto.html

Old 01-02-2000, 10:37 PM
Cool

Allright. I am the Ford alarm master. I install these for a living. I had almost finished typing a plethora of info for you when AOL shut me down. Those ba$tard$. So, you can e-mail me....Sycoholic8@aol.com....

I'll be glad to answer any questions you have on these. Oh, and I highly reccommend these units and I have one in my truck also.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 01-04-2000, 07:16 PM
Sycoholic, Ford Alarm Master...I have several questions for you.

Does the standard Ford Keyless Entry System come with the starter kill feature?

When I bought my truck the F&I guy tried to sell a DEI unit (non-Ford) for $700. I told him no way, but asked about the Ford System 4 or 6. He said they were crap, of course.

If no starter kill for std. Keyless Entry, is the Ford System 4 alarm the right one?

Can it be installed by myself or only dealer installed?

Last question, is there signal inputs for additional door such as camper shell door?

thanks!

________
2000 F250 SD,CC,Lariat

Old 01-04-2000, 10:07 PM
Cool

The Ford Alarm is a good quality alarm. All relays are internal, meaning less to go wrong, and easier to install. Yes, if you have some mechanical ability, you should be able to do this yourself, It comes with instructions and a color/location chart for all Ford vehicles.

If you have factory keyless, you need the system 4, if you don't have factory keyless, you need the system 6. You could just wire the camper door into one of the dome light trigger wires. It has a provision for a ground trigger and a positive trigger, and both can be used at the same time to trigger the alarm.

It has a starter kill also. You cut your starter wire in half and hook one end up to a separate wire going to the module and the other to another module wire. It's really easy. I do F trucks in about an hour. Have done them in a half hour, but I was beat.

They want to sell the crappy DEI because they make more money on it. We install Ford alarms for $500, as well as Audiovox alarms for the same price. The audiovox crap, er, uh, unit costs half the price of the Ford unit so we make more money. The Ford unit will also be covered under your original Factory warranty, or if you're out of warranty, 1/12.

So go tell the salesman that a Ford mechanic said he's full of it, and $700 is a huge rip off, and then go to the parts counter for your Ford alarm. If you don't want to do it, an alarm shop will probably be able to install it for you, since it sounds like your dealership likes taking people to the cleaners for alarm installations.

I have one in my truck and love it. They are made by Code Alarm, which is a good alarm company. What I like is that if you tap the truck, the alarm beeps, if you hit it it goes off. Saves on unwanted alarm activations.

Good luck and I hope I was able to help. E-mail me if you need help.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 01-09-2000, 09:42 AM
Sycoholic,
You are just the guy I've been needing to ask some questions of. I've got a 98XLT and it didn't come with the factory keyless. I had the dealership to add the Ford parts keyless. (The 3 button from code alarm) It works great. Now on the new 2000 F150's they finally come out with the keypad remote on the door (like my explorer has). I was told that the keypad won't work with my code alarm (ford) remote. I'm willing to buy the door handle and replace the other keyless entry if this one can be plugged up on my truck. Do you know if I can do it and if so which parts do I need to order. Or, if I can make the keypad work with my exisiting remote thats even better. The part number on my current set up is F&AZ-54220K51-AA / F81Z-19A361-BA. I hope you can help, Thanks

------------------
1998 F150 XLT 2WD, reg cab, styleside, swb, 4.6L, auto, red w/grey int.
Modifications: Replacement black leather steering wheel, Leather seat from Lariet, cd/cass combo from a superduty, 4WD bumper with lights, 4WD fender flares, Ground force lowering 2/4, 17" STX rims with 255/60R17 tires, lorider hard cover.

Old 01-09-2000, 09:42 PM
Cool

Well, here goes my best shot Curtis.....

The door keypad is for vehicles with factory keyless entry. It works with the keyless entry module. You are looking at a very expensive and time consuming endeavor. I don't know if this is humanly possible, you might need some superhero superpowers to accomplish this, but if you're pockets are deep, that's probably just as good.

You'll need all the wiring, and maybe some improvision in some cases, the module, the remotes, the keypad, and I'm sure relays and fuses also. I would never attempt this, sounds much too complicated. Then you'll need a new alarm...a system 4 instead of the system 6 you presently have. Although the system 6 will work with it, it just won't be working through the keyless module.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 01-10-2000, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the response, I was afraid of that. One last question, does anyone make a keypad that can be added to the keyless that I've got, or do you know of another keyless (aftermarket) that offers a keypad?
Thanks again.

------------------
1998 F150 XLT 2WD, reg cab, styleside, swb, 4.6L, auto, red w/grey int.
Modifications: Replacement black leather steering wheel, Leather seat from Lariet, cd/cass combo from a superduty, 4WD bumper with lights, 4WD fender flares, Ground force lowering 2/4, 17" STX rims with 255/60R17 tires, lorider hard cover.

Old 01-10-2000, 09:55 PM
Okay alarm genius figure this one out:
when my Nokia cell phone is ringing my truck does not respond to the transmitter (factory alarm/remote). If the phone is ringing then i can't unlock or lock the doors with the remote.
What's up with that? And what's the fix?

Old 11-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Re: Ford Keyless Entry / Alarm

I had the dealer install the Gold unit on my 2003 f150 supercrew 4x4 and after I got it. The unit price was $300 but the labor was high for the install, but well worth it . The range on it is real nice (better then the org remote)and it works through walls and metal places. Inside Wal mart I have no trouble getting my rig started parked way out in the parking lot. The dealer learned a lot on putting my system on for it was the first time they had installed one.The Goldl unit has the best warranty.But I like my system and if I get a new truck later on it will have one on it too( without the alarm).I can leave the rig running pull the keys out and go in a store if I want too. Hope this helps you on what to get. NOTE the gold unit has alarm on it, so if you have a key pad it will go off when you use it. Order the Silver unit and it is remote start only but you have one remote for locking,unlocking and remote start

year: 2003
make: Ford
model: F-150 Lariat
trim: FX4
body: Supercrew
engine: 5.4
drive: 4x4
tranny: 4 Speed Automatic
interior:Tan
exterior: True Blue/Arizona Beige accent
Leather Captain's Chairs
Bed Extender
HomeLink® and Travelnote
Power Adjustable Pedals
Power Sliding Rear Window w/Privacy Tint
Bright Polished Tubular Running Boards
AM/FM Stereo/6-Disc, In-Dash CD Changer w/MP3 Capability
Class III Trailer Hitch Receiver
3.73 Limmit slip axle
6750# GVWR package
17" cast aluminum wheels
Skid plates
Elect auto temp controls
FX4 Offroad equip group

Add Ons
Go Rhino® Products, Sumatra 3000 Series StepGuard and tail light guards
Spray Rhino Lining
Daytime Running Lamp Module
Roll-N-Lock bed cover
Gold remote start and alarm from ford
K&N® HIGH-FLOW AIR FILTER

Old 11-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Re: Re: Ford Keyless Entry / Alarm

Originally posted by WildmanNP
NOTE the gold unit has alarm on it, so if you have a key pad it will go off when you use it.
ONLY if you do not complete the correct key code sequence...(and it was wired correctly with the appropriate options turned on).

I know this personally as I bought a Ford PowerCode Deluxe RKE/VSS system and had it installed at a local car audio place. The installer didn't believe it would work either, but I told him to wire it like the diagram showed and turn on the appropriate options in the alarm brain. It works like a champ. I can arm/disarm via the door key pad (along with the remotes)...

Now I'm not sure what the heck the SILVER and GOLD packages are, I'm only familiar with what features are available.. VSS/RKE/RMST

Tony

Old 06-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Alarm System with keyless remote?

I purchased a used F350 from that an auction and it did not have the remotes. It has an alarm system that was an add on from Ford, I think it is an System 4 or 6. There is a bypass/reset switch under the dash and a red led on the dash that flashes. Can anyone advise on how to get the remote system into program mode?

Old 06-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Straight from the owner's manual.....

Adding Remote Controls to Your System:

The system has the ability to operate from up to eight (8) remote controls. Follow these instructions to add a remote control to your system.

1. Make sure the security system is disarmed and the ignition is off.
2. Open the driver’s door.
3. Turn vehicle ignition on.
4. Press and hold programming/override button under the instrument panel. After 15 seconds, the horn will chirp three (3) times. This indicates that the unit has entered the remote control programming mode.
5. Release the programming/override button.
6. Press the button on the remote control to be programmed. The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has “learned” that remote control.
7. Repeat step 6 for any additional remote controls.
8. Turn the vehicle ignition off to exit the programming mode. Test all remote controls to ensure that they work properly.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Sycoholic
Well, here goes my best shot Curtis.....

The door keypad is for vehicles with factory keyless entry. It works with the keyless entry module. You are looking at a very expensive and time consuming endeavor. I don't know if this is humanly possible, you might need some superhero superpowers to accomplish this, but if you're pockets are deep, that's probably just as good.

You'll need all the wiring, and maybe some improvision in some cases, the module, the remotes, the keypad, and I'm sure relays and fuses also. I would never attempt this, sounds much too complicated. Then you'll need a new alarm...a system 4 instead of the system 6 you presently have. Although the system 6 will work with it, it just won't be working through the keyless module.

------------------
How do you know what system you have? I have a 06 F250 KR. Thinking of adding an alarm to it. It already has keyless entry and touch pad on the door.

Is this really that easy?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford Keyless Entry / Alarm