Ford Keyless Entry / Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2007 F150 Lariat has the keyless entry system, and key pad on the drivers door. It also had the alarm installed, but the dealer tried to charge me an additional $350 for a feature already installed on the truck, and I said no way. They removed something (a chip?) from the truck in under 20 minutes, and now, I have no alarm.

My question is: What do I need to get in order to have the factory alarm again?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I have a F150 Super Crew, 2003 that I picked up used a couple of years ago. It has a Bronze remote start. I have recently picked up a complete,new Gold system. When I plug in the Gold module the horn bows and will only shut off by unplugging the module. I have checked all the wiring, it is correct and I have had no problems with the Bronze.

Any ideas???

Thanks very much, Mike

Old 09-14-2008, 01:30 AM
heres a question for the master alarm guy i have an 04-f150 lariat with keyless entry and an after market remote starter unforutunatly the remote starter keyfob is not wired for door unlock/lock and i hate having 2 keyfobs on a keychain im thinking it would be easier to just buy the ford #4 remote start kit to bring my key fob count to one or am i just making a mess of things?

Old 09-16-2008, 10:38 PM
can I install a keyless entry into my 99 f150?

Okay guys,
I have recently upgraded from a 94 f150 reg. cab to a 99 sc to fit the family. I love the truck, but it does not have keyless entry. My 99, 00, and 01 fords all have fob to operate the doors, this truck does not. It is equipped with power locks, but no keyless. I am wondering if there is a simple/cheap way to install keyless so I do not need to worry about fumbling with keys in the dark. Any input would very helpful

THanks

Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey guys give Travis at www.kcautosound.com a shout. He is the installer for all the Ford Accessories in Kansas City and has been so for about 7 years. He specializes in vehicle security and remote starter systems and can answer ANY question you ever throw at him. He can sell you a Code Alarm system that is the same as the Ford systems just with a nicer Carbon Fiber remote. He'll even pre-wire it for you with a step-by-step installation guide to do it yourself. Tons of us on here have used his systems.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Other than a parts counter, where could I find a System 4 Alarm?

I looked into them a while back but decided against it. Lately I feel the desire to tinker with my truck so I am considering it again.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Syco,
I installed a new in the pkg, RS32 with the Silver Modlue, I doubled checked all the connection before I hooked the batteries back up (04 Diesel)..... All the features work, lock, unlock, valet mode, start inhibit, panic alarm, locator But.... the $#^@ thing won't remote start when I press the unlock, then the start (within 3 sec) the horn beeps 4 times then nothing. I doubled checked the connection and nothing.... THe park lights flash when the start key is pressed by itself. I can not get it to go into program mode.... Door open, foot on brake, key on, reset switch pressed..... should honk after 15 sec..... nothing. Thought it might be the neg trigger doorlock thing so I tried it with the door closed.... nothing.

Stumped! Could you please lend so helpful advice.
Thanks

Last edited by EOD Guy; 10-19-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:23 AM
Did you check your hood pin switch? Most remote starters require the hood to be open to go into program mode. The horn beeping 4 times is a code so you may want to read the owners manual for the remote starter. Normally if the remote starter does not engage the starter the problem is a switch for the remote starter and the hood pin switch is the most common.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I've got a 2004 FX4 with the key pad, lately when I punch in the code to unlock the doors it won't work, sometimes I stand there for 5 minutes and try, it has gotten so bad I don't lock my keys inside anymore I carry them with me

does anyone know how much the keypad is to replace, or to fix this

Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Question keyless entry - in the dark

OK, this thread already has alarm stuff in it so... I have a used 2004 F250 SD which I bought with no doc what-so-ever and it has a driver door keypad. Keyless entry, maybe? I can unlock/lock and preform other familiar functions, BUT if I lock with the key pad and unlock with the key, ALARM! and no starting. There is a little red LED that blinks and a little momentary push button fitted into the lower dash by the driver. What alarm do I have, how can I discover what it is, and having cleared that hurtle, how do I get documentation? by-the-way this truck lost a fight with a tree sometime in its past and was resurrected in 2007 by a list of auto used/salvage dealers. (expect for this alarm stuff it works great, one tough truck!)

Old 09-13-2009, 10:47 PM
1998 F150 SuperCab Security & Remote Entry

Hello
New here and have some questions. I have a 1998 F150 Supercab 4.6 It has 172,000 miles on it now and runs great! When I bought it there was a remote entry under back seat.( the key fob) Did not need any thing like that in the Wisconsin North woods but now am traveling. How can i tell if any security is installed? How can I tell if any remote is installed ? And if not is it possible to add this? Any help would be appreciated. I tried to email Sycoholic at sycoholic8@aol.com on this but the email came back undeliverable. I have no idea where to start. I do have fairly decent mechanical abilities and not afraid to work on these. We also have 1999 with only 57,000 miles on it. Again PLEASE help! I only have the owners manual that came with the truck
Thanks in advance I know the knowledge base here is beyond description!
Bob

Old 06-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keyless entry rework

Looking to see if Sycoholic is still on this forum.
A friend of mine has a new SHO Taurus, with his factory keyless entry his windows and sunroof closes when his alarm is activated. Then when he deactivates his alarm and pushes the button again his windows go back down.
My Question:
I have found aftermarket sensors that look like they can work to close my windows when my doors are locked and alarm is activated.
What I would like to do is rewire so that I can use the panic button on my keyfob to roll the windows back down if I want to.

Anyone have any input on this??

I have an 05 F150 FX4 that already has power windows, keyless entry, and power rear sliding window.
Thank you,
Rick

Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by EOD Guy
Syco,
I installed a new in the pkg, RS32 with the Silver Modlue, I doubled checked all the connection before I hooked the batteries back up (04 Diesel)..... All the features work, lock, unlock, valet mode, start inhibit, panic alarm, locator But.... the $#^@ thing won't remote start when I press the unlock, then the start (within 3 sec) the horn beeps 4 times then nothing. I doubled checked the connection and nothing.... THe park lights flash when the start key is pressed by itself. I can not get it to go into program mode.... Door open, foot on brake, key on, reset switch pressed..... should honk after 15 sec..... nothing. Thought it might be the neg trigger doorlock thing so I tried it with the door closed.... nothing.

Stumped! Could you please lend so helpful advice.
Thanks
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have pretty much the same problem with mine I recently installed.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Sycoholic
Allright. I am the Ford alarm master. I install these for a living. I had almost finished typing a plethora of info for you when AOL shut me down. Those ba$tard$. So, you can e-mail me....Sycoholic8@aol.com....

I'll be glad to answer any questions you have on these. Oh, and I highly reccommend these units and I have one in my truck also.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)
Ok,
I know this post is over 11 years old, but I have the same question. I have recently acquired a 97 F150 XL (4.6L "6" code engine) with absolutely NO interior upgrades (ie. no power windows, door locks, etc.). I will be upgrading the doors to all power accessories, and also want to install the keyless entry/alarm system. What all will be necessary to purchase to do so?

Old 09-12-2017, 03:43 AM
2003 F350 remote programming Question - I cycled my key on off On 8 times but does not go into programming mode. Locks work fine from door switch. Truck had a aftermarket alarm installed at one time but has been removed. Wondering if something was disconnected or wire cut preventing remotes from working or locks going into programming mode. Where should I look? I was wondering if there's a module or something that could of been removed or disconnected. I;m assuming the after market alarm would of had its own remote to unlock and lock the doors so could they have disconnected something to not allow the stock remotes from programming or working? 2003 F350 Super Duty so no theft deterant in cluster or chipped keys. I unplugged the battery for 10 minutes but that did not work either.

Quick Reply: Ford Keyless Entry / Alarm