Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Interior Care
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 06-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F150
Cool Front Seat Removal

I had a amp put under my passenger seat that has been blown. I was wondering how I could remove the seat myself so I could replace the amp? Basically, what type of tools do I need to remove the seat?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Blown SCrew
Very simple. You need a T55 Torx socket and if yours is like my 01 Screw, also a T47 for the seat belt, and seat bolt on rear drivers seat. If you pull them all the way out, you need to disconnect the seatbelt alarm. I installed my amps by just propping the seat up. Have Fun!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks. I'll try not to remove the seat but I don't think I will be very successful at getting to the screws holding the amp down unless I get the seat out of the way. I'll see -Thanks
Old 06-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150
I've had my seats out a couple times. Very easy.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks to all....I was able to replace the amp with out removing the seat. I moved the seat forward as far as it would go and removed the back screws from the amp. They were the only thing holding the amp in.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1999 Ford F150
T55 bit

I tried a T55 bit and it seems very loose. Is this the correct size? I don't know how much torque this fastners require, but I don't want to strip one out. When I checked I only found T50,T55,T60 increments so could experiment with a size in between T55 and T60. Any comments?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
2004 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 04 STX Heritage
dzervit is right....

I did a search and answered my own question....BUT, that still brought this thread "back from the dead".

greatscott, thnx for asking for me.

"'A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has honor"'
photos
Old 11-01-2005, 04:45 PM