Cabin Air filtration Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Air Filter Pictures

Hello all...I have determined that my recently purchased 2004 F-150 Heritage Edition does not have the installed cabin air filter option; however I want to add one. (Family members with allergies and keeping the cabin cleaner). Keep in mind that my heritage edition is the 97-03 body style, so that is the option we are talking about here. I contacted two local Ford dealers and they both claimed to have done a nationwide dealer search and no dealer has the cabin air filter kit.

So I'm asking anyone who sees this post - does anyone want to sell me the kit if you have it installed on your truck. Maybe you are soon getting rid of the truck? Or it is a parts truck sitting next to your house?

Or, can anyone take the kit off as if they were changing the filter, and take some good quality pictures of it with dimensions so that I could possibly fabricate the cover plate myself.

I greatly appreciate any help. I also have heard that the 1997-2005Expeditions and 1998-2005 Navigators also have this same filter kit, so that could work as well.

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its been years since I installed the one in mine but I think there were two metal brackets that got installed as well as cutting out the center of the area where the filter goes in . I`ll look in my truck records and see if I can find the install sheet if I kept it
Kind of weird to see this post pop up again LOL

Old 08-25-2010, 10:13 PM
So do the 97-03 not have cabin air filter's? I never heard of a cabin air filter...

Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dinggus
So do the 97-03 not have cabin air filter's? I never heard of a cabin air filter...
Looks like a few did but it was mostly installed in the Expeditions. This kit allowed you to add it in and at the time were easy to find. I personally put them in mine, my neighbors 99, and fathers 01. Great kit to add and I replace mine once a yr and they get pretty nasty.
Problem is now the replacement filters are easy to find but the kits to be able to install them in trucks that did not have them are extremely hard to find.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinggus
to my knowledge, no Ford pickups from any year to 2010 (inc F-250/350 SD) had a cabin air filtration system. im still waiting to hear if Ford finally put some in the 2011s

Old 08-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
to my knowledge, no Ford pickups from any year to 2010 (inc F-250/350 SD) had a cabin air filtration system. im still waiting to hear if Ford finally put some in the 2011s
I don't know where you are getting your information from. It was available since 1997 as a dealer installed option. Ford Part number F65Z-18D477-AA . That part number was since discontinued and replaced with part numbers for each individual component in the kit. Also the same option was avaialble for Expeditions and Navigators. Just read some other postings before saying they weren't available - many guys have stated that they put them in their trucks.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:40 AM
bump for pics, drawings, dimensions

Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by 2000FordStyle
Its been years since I installed the one in mine but I think there were two metal brackets that got installed as well as cutting out the center of the area where the filter goes in . I`ll look in my truck records and see if I can find the install sheet if I kept it
Kind of weird to see this post pop up again LOL

Kind sir were you ever able to find the install sheets. It would help on my quest to install a cabin filter. This is the short version.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Portagie1968
Kind sir were you ever able to find the install sheets. It would help on my quest to install a cabin filter. This is the short version.

The directions got moved to the how to section a while back when I posted them. Here is the link to them that I posted and it has pictures and directions for it. The parts are hard to come by now from what I have heard.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...tall-pics.html

Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 PM
I looked at this mod/hack a couple weeks ago and it looked so easy I ordered a filter online for a third the price the big city auto parts store wanted. Opened the box and... it's not square. I mean really not square, and doesn't seem to want to go square. It's kinda bowlegged. Looking at it (filter facing) the sides bow out about 1/4"... and not evenly or matched. One side is out at the top and then dives back to square at the bottom, while the other side is out at the bottom and dives back to square to the top.

My question to those who have changed these filters, not having seen one myself except in pictures before this, is that normal? Is the bowing some kind of fitment deal? Like the channel it slides into is off square? Or have I got some cheap knockoff out of spec filter and it's not going to fit?

Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 PM
That filter must have gotten smushed and that's what you are looking at. AFAIK, I've had mine in just over a year, but I certainly don't remember it being "bowlegged". Take it back and try again.

That bad boy should slip right up and fit snug and you're set.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Alfred, I suspected it was a case of smushed That's next on my list now that spring has finally sprung and I can work on the truck without freezing.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Done and done!

Returning the smushed filter would have been more hassle than worth it so I figured if it wouldn't jam in there I'd just buy another. Left it in the sun on the dash all day to soften it up and it went in fine. Nice and snug, foam gaskets look like it has it sealed and no need for tape to hold it in or seal it off.

It is an awkward place to try to get at to do the cut out though. Still so worth it and I'm going to love the filtered air.

One more item crossed off the list

Much thanks again to the wonderful support here!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by 2000FordStyle
The directions got moved to the how to section a while back when I posted them. Here is the link to them that I posted and it has pictures and directions for it. The parts are hard to come by now from what I have heard.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...tall-pics.html

Thank you. Wish they would fit on a 2004 F350.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:30 AM
How do I know if my 2001 screw has an air filter from the factory?

Quick Reply: Cabin Air filtration Kit