2016 hid problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2016 hid problems

Got a question, had some hid head lights and fog lights installed have been working for 1 1/2 months. But the other day the lf turned off in the morning, was driving home and at night and was working. Checked all the wires and had good connections. Happen again while I had it on manual lights so I swapped it to auto and it turned on. I have read about the relay kit to add in for this problem what have yal ran across on this problem. Thanks

Old 03-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Hawk72
Got a question, had some hid head lights and fog lights installed have been working for 1 1/2 months. But the other day the lf turned off in the morning, was driving home and at night and was working. Checked all the wires and had good connections. Happen again while I had it on manual lights so I swapped it to auto and it turned on. I have read about the relay kit to add in for this problem what have yal ran across on this problem. Thanks
The kit you have does not sound like its specific to the function of your vehicle. It does have some special requirements for correct operation. Would you happen to know if the kit you got came with a relayed wiring harness?

**edit** ... read your post again and realized it sounds like you do not have any relay wiring at all.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:26 PM
They said it was canbus compatible and it's been working for a couple of months but just started to happen with it turning off. And it didn't come with a relay harness

Old 03-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Hawk72
They said it was canbus compatible and it's been working for a couple of months but just started to happen with it turning off. And it didn't come with a relay harness
"canbus compatible" means its like a band-aid to make it work correctly. The problem with a band-aid though, once it falls off, its no good anymore!

We can help you out with the correct relayed wiring harness setup for the vehicle.
sales@retro-solutions.com