2001 ford f150 head light problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ford f150 head light problems

I have a 2001 ford f150 lariat edition that I've been having problems with. About six months ago the batter went dead when my wife was driving it. I had some issues with the battery and it was old so I decided to just replace it. As i was putting the new battery in and I got in the truck to start it, I heard a rapid clicking noise coming from under the dash it sounded like. I started the truck and it started right up and then clicking noise stopped. When we got home my wife parked the truck and we noticed the headlights wouldn't shut off. I started to check the headlight switch and I moved it to different settings with no luck. Even with the switch in the off position the lights still stayed on. I took a battery lead off so it wouldn't drain the battery. We had to attend a party a few hours later so I came out put the cable on and the lights came right back on. We made it to the party and then when we turned the truck off and locked it, the lights went off like they should. Havent had any problems since then until tonight. Tonight, the lights shut off twice on my wife. She said that the dash lights and the headlights both went off but she clicked her high beams on and they came on then after that the dash and low beams both came back on too. Any ideas????

Last edited by hutch1980; 11-01-2016 at 01:31 AM.