2015 Lariat bed lights - has anyone messed with them yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 Lariat bed lights - has anyone messed with them yet?

Okay I had my Leer cap installed, and they wired the interior dome light to the brake light wiring. Works fine, but I now want to relocate that wiring to come off the bed lights circuit. Has anyone removed those lights or messed around with them at all?

I intend to wire up four 12" LED strips to the inside corners of the roof to have the bed completely illuminated, and being able to turn them on with the bed light switches would be excellent. Just wanna try to pre-plan as much as possible before I try this idea.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
You want your bed lights to replace the cargo light on the top of the bed?

Just making sure I'm understanding your post

Old 11-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
You want your bed lights to replace the cargo light on the top of the bed?

Just making sure I'm understanding your post
Kinda, Patman.

The cap has an internal dome light right at the glass' hinge, and its power source is wired from the brakelight wiring harness.

I'd rather its power come from the bed lights. That way, it won't require my parking lights to be on. I'll then be able to light up the bed with either the bed switch or the dashboard switch. I can carry gear or tools to the bed, drop the tailgate, and hit that button to get light without having to enter my cab.

So I want to reroute that wiring off the brakelight wiring harness, to the bed light's wiring harness. Probably off the bed's switch itself to make a clean and tidy job of it.

Does that do a better job of explaining things? Wish I could draw up a wiring schematic, heh heh!

Quick Reply: 2015 Lariat bed lights - has anyone messed with them yet?