Factory HID question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory HID question

Sorry guys, I usually am a research-oholic but I just don't have the time at the moment....

I bought a 14 FX4 and the guy I bought it from installed 8000k bulbs and OMG they suck. Now I don't mind going back stock with say a 5000k'ish bulb but is there a kit I can purchase to run a higher power where I can just get a brighter light? I live in the country where there are a lot of deer and I also hunt a lot and would just like as much light with as much distance as I can get without having to disassemble my lights.

Just purchase a kit, swap out the bulb and ballast and drive on. I have never had HID's and don't know squat about them so feel free to respond in layman's terms

Old 06-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Factory HID question

Long story short adding more wattage will actually hinder your distance vision by adding more for ground.
Go over to TRS and get yourself some Osram CBIs. DO NOT just get some cheap generic D4S bulbs from eBay. They will not have the right alignment and not than likely be dim..
Also your factory Kelvin is 4300k.

Other option is go over to TRS (theretrofitsource.com) and buy an evox-r projector and OEM ballasts and some kind of osram bulb and have an awesome setup.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a contact that you might consider for an OEM set.. you'd have to buy a cable but, for the overall price, it's not a bad deal (I did it on my truck).... I've reached out to him to see if he can still get the OEM HIDs... stay tuned.

Quick Reply: Factory HID question