2014 F150 STX Headlight Taillight Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 F150 STX Headlight Taillight Upgrade

Hi all, I just bought a 2014 F150 STX crew cab and I'm excited to start with upgrades and add ons. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on upgrading the housing for both the headlights and taillights. I want a blacked out and smoked look along with upgraded bulbs. I have done some looking around here and read about retrofitting and unfortunately its just too rich for my blood. Should I go with halogens or LEDs? Are there specific housings that you guys recommend? If there is something that you recommend and I didn't mention it feel free to let me know. I am eager for as much info as I can get. Sorry if any of these are stupid questions but I am new to the lighting game. I am definitely willing to do the installs and work myself. Thanks for everyone's input.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you don't wanna look into a retrofit you can get FX4 headlights. They are black. No need to get smoked lights they will hinder output. In those I would run GE nighthawk platinum or Phillips Xtreme vision. They are top of the line bulbs and best of the best.. Avoid drop in LEDs they will be junk output.

Here is another good alternative. Yes pricey but plug and play and better than your stock halogens. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.VAZbdSMo4m8

As for taillights you can also get FX4 lights or open up your stock tails and paint them black. No to smoked on those too. It'll cut down on output and people behind you being able to see your lights. Safety first bud.

Last edited by thelariat02; 09-02-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That makes sense, I definitely want to stay safe (1 year old rides in the car and another is on the way). I'm sure there are threads on here about painting the stock lights, but is it complicated or should I buy the FX4 ones and sell the stock? Thanks for the info.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really easy if you're ok with putting them in the oven to open them up. . but the permaseal is a real pain to open. Especially if you don't know what you're doing

Quick Reply: 2014 F150 STX Headlight Taillight Upgrade