50" Curved Light Bar Brackets for 04-08 F150

Old 08-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
50" Curved Light Bar Brackets for 04-08 F150

I recently purchased a 50 inch LED curved CREE light bar. I need suggestions on where can I get some decent looking but sleek type brackets which is flushed between the roof and windshield or just a few inches higher from the windshield. anything more than 2inches, I won't be able to get in my garage. My truck is not lifted, just a leveling kit(front) in case you're wondering. Most of the brackets I have seen are for the 2009 and up. Hardly for the 2004-2008 models.

Thanks guys!

Old 08-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by baticus
Thanks! But I have seen their brackets, unfortunately I do not trust those especially when the screws are being installed on top and may leak. I should have been more specific on what I am looking for. The brackets that I am looking for, are the screws that are being screwed in between the door and rubber gutter. But nfabs brackets are for the straight, I dislike the look of the space between the bracket and the light itself. Thanks again...it's so frustrating looking for the right one.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by baticus
Thanks for the reply. Those brackets from SoCal don't really fit well and have seen how they are being installed. You have to drill 5 holes on the roof area and don't like that and afraid it may leak afterwards. But I have already ordered my brackets from https://www.customwheeloffset.com/cu...y-makes-models

Thanks everyone and have a great weekend!

Old 10-16-2014, 07:11 AM
@Barorot150 Do you have any pics? Are you happy with the location?

Old 02-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by RPelski
@Barorot150 Do you have any pics? Are you happy with the location?
ABOVE: OLB brackets with a 50" curve light bar (NOT the correct brackets). BELOW: SoCal Super trucks 50" curve light bar (very strong and stable at high speeds. And looks a lot better than the OLB. The OLB brackets were forced to be bolted onto the light bar, adding tension to the windshield and door seal. And it was not fully flushed with the windshield and roof and can be seen wobble side to side while driving in the freeway. As for the SoCal brackets, I have added black silicone sealant around the brackets to prevent from leaks when it rains.

The LED light bar at the bottom is a 30" with Rigid Industries 30" mounts.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:54 PM
How did you run the wiring and where did you put the switch at for the roof mounted light? Also with the black trim piece that runs from the windshield up and across the roof, did you just drill through that to bolt the mount or did you cut the section off where the mount fits? Nice looking truck BTW.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Walk2Much
How did you run the wiring and where did you put the switch at for the roof mounted light? Also with the black trim piece that runs from the windshield up and across the roof, did you just drill through that to bolt the mount or did you cut the section off where the mount fits? Nice looking truck BTW.
I ran the wire through the side of the passenger windshield. You will have to the remove the windshield metal trim down towards the engine bay. I have placed the power switch on a panel next to the ignition key slot for easy access. Yes, you will have to drill but with a special tool that is included with the light bar bracket. As far as the black trim, you will have to trim it shorter, due the bracket in the way. If you're going to add several lighting accessories, I recommend you to get a multiple relay box, so you wouldn't have a bunch of wires with relays and it looks cleaner at one spot(
Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems ST Blade Fuse Block - 12 Circuits with Negative Bus & Cover: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems ST Blade Fuse Block - 12 Circuits with Negative Bus & Cover: Sports & Outdoors
). I use the 12 circuit relay box, because I have the 30" light bar at the front, train horn switch and an air compressor. I will be installing an LED spot lights on the hood soon, which is why I need a multiple relay box. I will try to provide some pictures so, you can see the installation. Hope this answers your question and thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 50" Curved Light Bar Brackets for 04-08 F150