Wits end! Lighting/wiring help need.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wits end! Lighting/wiring help need.

So here's my nightmare...rrr...situation. Purchased retrofit HID's headlights from saleen(Sammy) a while back. They had been great until last week when one of the HID's went out. Figured it was the bulb. That checked out, so Sammy then suggested the Ballast may have gone bad and sent me a replacement. Tried the ne Ballast yesterday, still nothing!

In addition to that, I've also been trying to get my KC HiLight Slimlites wired up. Follow the instructions word for word. Have looked for solutions online. Whatever I do, have never got them to work. Fuse blows every time.

Time to suck it up like a man and admit that It's time I give up. I'm at my wits end! So I am wanting to know if anyone knows a place with a good reputation in the far north Dallas/Collin County area that does this kind of stuff? That will help(Do ) the wiring. Don't really have the money but I have no other choice.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
See if Patman or Derek can help you out

Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Thanks Alex!

Rob

Old 10-31-2014, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
So here's my nightmare...rrr...situation. Purchased retrofit HID's headlights from saleen(Sammy) a while back. They had been great until last week when one of the HID's went out. Figured it was the bulb. That checked out, so Sammy then suggested the Ballast may have gone bad and sent me a replacement. Tried the ne Ballast yesterday, still nothing!

In addition to that, I've also been trying to get my KC HiLight Slimlites wired up. Follow the instructions word for word. Have looked for solutions online. Whatever I do, have never got them to work. Fuse blows every time.

Time to suck it up like a man and admit that It's time I give up. I'm at my wits end! So I am wanting to know if anyone knows a place with a good reputation in the far north Dallas/Collin County area that does this kind of stuff? That will help(Do ) the wiring. Don't really have the money but I have no other choice.

Thanks,
Rob
I'm a 12 volt technician. I can help u out.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LonestarROB

Thanks,
Rob
Double check your ground for your HIDs. Pull the ground and make sure it didn't get corroded. If that's fine, then check and make sure you have 12v going to the ballasts. If not then it's going to be your relay harness.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
IIRC both headlights are tied to a single fuse

Do you have a powered HID harness or are you going into each headlight pigtail?

Old 11-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
IIRC both headlights are tied to a single fuse

Do you have a powered HID harness or are you going into each headlight pigtail?

LH lowbeam head = fuse 25

RH lowbeam head = fuse 23

Highbeam = fuse 35

Also - since this is a TRS retro from Sammy it is going to use a full Motocontrol relay harness with (fused) power sourced directly from the battery - with one headlight socket being used as a signal only.

I'm with Larry-At - harness issue, barring any other issues found via his diag steps

BlackSheepBubba out

Last edited by MGDfan; 11-03-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Wits end! Lighting/wiring help need.