2013 Ford OEM HID Headlights now available!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thelariat02
With that its 100% the ballasts.. Are they the OEM Ford ballasts? Or aftermarket ones?
My ballasts/bulbs are D1S, so I don't think OEM. I think OEM on F150s is D3S. The eBay description when I ordered the headlights sais "OSRAM D1S Upgrade". Is D1S really an upgrade over D3S? The only difference I can find is mercury vs mercury free.

The ballast says OSRAM Xenaelectron 35 XT5-D1/12V
35W @ 85 VAC

Old 05-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RobJW11

My ballasts/bulbs are D1S, so I don't think OEM. I think OEM on F150s is D3S. The eBay description when I ordered the headlights sais "OSRAM D1S Upgrade". Is D1S really an upgrade over D3S? The only difference I can find is mercury vs mercury free.

The ballast says OSRAM Xenaelectron 35 XT5-D1/12V
35W @ 85 VAC
D1S are OEM just not in the fords. It is an upgrade as in you get a few more lumens and you can run CBI D1S bulbs which should be a tad better than the Ford D3S setup.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Angry Buyer beware - This company has no warranty

I purchased a "oem" headlamp replacement kit from Joseph and the wiring harness was not "plug & play" as advertised. They had sourced old model used headlamps that didn't match the harness. I called Joseph and had me "fix" this by cutting wires. Then after the install, I found that one of the headlamps had a faulty gasket and filled with condensation. I sent several emails directly to Joseph and even used their web site to submit a warranty request. No would would respond. I called Joseph directly one evening and he said he would have someone send a replacement. That was the last I heard. Now I'm stuck buying another expensive "de-contented" headlamp and swapping out the lamps. Please consider my unfortunate and costly experience before you make your purchase.
2013 F150XLT owner

Old 12-07-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, do you have any pictures of exactly what he sent you or links to what you bought?

Old 12-07-2014, 03:30 PM
No warranty from Projectoretrofits.com

Thank you for asking - I purchased the standard F150 OEM retrofit kit from projectoretrofits.com as described in this thread. My headlamp looks like in inside of a shower. And the Ford dealer won't deal with it as a warranty item because my XLT didn't come with HID lamps. They suggested it was a "salvaged" unit. I will have to learn how to post pictures.
In fact it was this exact thread and pictures that convinced me to buy from Joseph Wassman. It sounded like great father & son business. But turned out to be a one way transaction when something went wrong! And I'd have to say that the harness was nicely done but when you have a small business and every sale counts, you have to ask why source and sell old headlamps which have ballasts that don't work correctly with the harness you are selling.

Projectoretrofits - 2013 OEM F150 HID Headlight Package $975.00

Old 12-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Was there any thing modified on the inside? Like adding halos? Are led strips? Swap the projector? If not then there should have been no reason to open them up. So that's weird why they keep getting condensation. A little bit at first when you first put them in is fine but that should go away..

If you can't get him to go good for a return or fix maybe try buying some butyl tape and resealing the lens..
Also double check the back of the housings and see and make sure the caps/grommets are fully sealed..

Also I'm surprised the harness wasn't plug n play. From what I know they are very well made and no need to cut anything

Old 12-18-2014, 04:59 PM
I need the new headlights!!

So I just purchased a 2004 Ford F 150 supercrew lariat. My buddy has a 2013 ford f 150 platinum. I was wondering if someone could tell me the factory head lights that come in it. They are super bright and I'd like to put them in my truck and he wasn't sure what all I needed THATS why I should ask you, the pros. Now I'm new at this site so if you could just email me
Eric.reeves24@yahoo.com

Old 12-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Totfc
So I just purchased a 2004 Ford F 150 supercrew lariat. My buddy has a 2013 ford f 150 platinum. I was wondering if someone could tell me the factory head lights that come in it. They are super bright and I'd like to put them in my truck and he wasn't sure what all I needed THATS why I should ask you, the pros. Now I'm new at this site so if you could just email me
Eric.reeves24@yahoo.com
Yer going to have to get a retrofit

Something like these....https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...t-members.html

Costs will vary with what you want and what parts are used

Last edited by 88racing; 12-18-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing

Yer going to have to get a retrofit

Something like these....https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...t-members.html

Costs will vary with what you want and what parts are used
This ^

Old 12-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^^hint^^^

Some members on here do retros pretty reasonable also...gotta look for them though

But I don't

Old 12-18-2014, 07:04 PM
saleen1013 (Sammy) does them.
I do them in my spare time.
Tuxedoblack11 does them.
and there are others

Old 12-19-2014, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Totfc
Eric.reeves24@yahoo.com
You don't really need to put the EXACT same lights in as he's got, cause that would be expensive and unnecessary, but there are comparable options. You've got all the options below, plus doing it yourself cause it's not that hard. I just finished my set about a week about and it was easier than I thought it was going to be. I did D2S projectors (type of projector light), but Mini H1s are easy peasy.

The links other guys provided are good to start. I'd start reading up on how to do them, then decide if you're willing to give it a shot yourself or have someone do them. The cost of doing it yourself is absolutely worth the end result, and I'd say it's still worth it if you pay someone else to do a basic build.

saleen1013 (Sammy) does them.
I do them in my spare time.
Tuxedoblack11 does them.
and there are others
MarkLT might still do them as well. Then there are a lot of guys on f150forum that do them, but some of them like to charge sky-high, unrealistic prices.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:08 PM
D1S are OEM just not in the fords. It is an upgrade as in you get a few more lumens and you can run CBI D1S bulbs which should be a tad better than the Ford D3S setup.
So now the lights and wiring harness I previously successfully installed have a new problem. Recently I am having problems with my high beams. When I turn them on my lights turn off completely. This seems like an issue with the wiring harness. Has anyone heard of any others with this issue and know of a fix? Any tips you have would be much appreciated.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by RobJW11

So now the lights and wiring harness I previously successfully installed have a new problem. Recently I am having problems with my high beams. When I turn them on my lights turn off completely. This seems like an issue with the wiring harness. Has anyone heard of any others with this issue and know of a fix? Any tips you have would be much appreciated.
If it worked for awhile and then started having this problem, then it's the wiring harness

Old 01-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Rob has been contacted for a warranty relay replacement. Sometimes these relays fail but that's why my vendor has the 18 month warranty on them!

Quick Reply: 2013 Ford OEM HID Headlights now available!