Auto headlamps and fog lights inop!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto headlamps and fog lights inop!

I have a 2001 F150 Super Crew Lariat. The automatic headlights and the foglights do not work. On the fogs I have checked the bulbs, interior fuse, engine comp fuse and the relay. The fog lamp light at the switch illuminates but no lights. The only thing I have seen on the auto lights is the interior fuse and it is good.

Any ideas?

Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Do the fog lamps not work in both the auto and headlamp positions ?

If you have +VDC at the fog lamp fuse in the BJB ( aka Battery Junction Box, Engine Compartment fuse panel ) fuse, did you check for + VDC at the bulb connector ?

Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my truck the foglamps are activated by pulling outward on the headlight control switch and that can only be done in the full on position, i.e. not Auto, Off or Parking. I have not put a multi-meter on it, I will do that tomorrow. Any idea where the sensor that determines when it is dark enough to activate the Auto Headlights is?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Crap, brain cramp.
- Thinking 04+ MY, forgot the factory ( non ramp mod ) is only in the head position.

the sensor is under the little grill on the oval on the top of the dash, slightly off center to the passenger side.

Quick Reply: Auto headlamps and fog lights inop!