mounting light bar

Old 02-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question mounting light bar

Anyone have any ideas on how to mount a whelen mini 9m mag mount. obviously its magnetic so mounting it isn't the problem..the problem is that i don't want to have to drill a hole in the roof, that's why i got the mag mount. Anyone have any ideas on how to route the power cables to inside to cab?

Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how bout through the rear window or into the door jams

Old 02-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by camopaint0707
how bout through the rear window or into the door jams
yeah that's true, if i push the light bar back far enough i can slip the wire into the rear window, the wire is thin enough for the window to still work too, not like i use it though.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:49 PM
When I had my Ranger, I just ran it down the rear of the cab and came up from under through a access point in the cab. If you do this make sure that you have something to prevent the metal cutting the outer case of the wire.

Good Luck and Be Safe.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:31 PM
try down the back of the cab take off the back seat and go through one of the vents on the back of the cab works great i just ran my scanner and cb antenna through there and when the weather warms up and stops snowing sleeting ect i am going to mount both of my strobe boxes and all of my relay's back there.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAN63
try down the back of the cab take off the back seat and go through one of the vents on the back of the cab works great i just ran my scanner and cb antenna through there and when the weather warms up and stops snowing sleeting ect i am going to mount both of my strobe boxes and all of my relay's back there.
i saw those vents, they go directly into the cab? i want to make this as neat as possible too.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by lightningx54
i saw those vents, they go directly into the cab? i want to make this as neat as possible too.
yes the go right into the back of the cab i ran my scanner wire from there under my carpet up to the front of my truck were my scanner is. and i also used duck tape on the vent to make sure no water makes it in the cab so far so good.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

if the wire is thin enough can you run it through the 3rd brake light? That is what i did with my sirius antenna.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 PM
i think i like TRUCKMAN63's idea of going though that vent. i dont think it'll fit through the 3rd brake light.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 PM
i have used the back sliding window before i have tried going through the door before every time i did that i found water in my truck. though the vents on the back so far has been the best way and no water problems. some people thoe think its a pain in the you know what to get the back seat off its really not imo. best of luck to you and let us know how you made out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mounting light bar