2005 Blend Door Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Blend Door Question

Hey All -

New around here.

I have a 2005 Lariat, electronic climate control, NOT dual zone.

It seemed to be affected by the 08-23-6 TSB issue, so I replaced the blend door actuator. The part I got was not OEM, it was Dorman part #604-108. My AC would work intermittently and I verified it has a good charge, the compressor works, etc.

After replacing the actuator, I cycled the climate control from 90-60-90-60 a few times and in doing so I could hear a sort of grinding noise whenever it would try to cycle between hot and cold air. Sometimes it will work and ill get ice cold air, other times not.

I did not notice the noise prior to replacing the motor.

I have a couple questions so I don't waste any more time:

1) Does this sound like it might be the door and not the motor, or could I have just gotten a bad motor? If it is the door, is there any remote way possible to deal with this issue without taking the entire dash out? I have removed dashboards before and I'd really love to avoid that.

2) If I want to try to verify the door movement, how can I be sure the position of it is ok? I know the TSB mentions not energizing the actuator or else you can mess up the position but I have no idea how to re-calibrate the position if I do try to wiggle the door.

3) Is there any other part I should be looking at? Perhaps the cabin air temperature sensor?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: 2005 Blend Door Question