Aftermarket "new" ac compressor or reman motorcraft?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 08:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aftermarket "new" ac compressor or reman motorcraft?

Recently had a new aftermarket ac compressor installed. Blows cold, but makes a whining sound when revving. They replaced with another new aftermarket and it does the same thing.

The brand is "tough one" and seems to get a lot of bad reviews. For $65 they'll replace with a reman motorcraft.

The reman motorcraft would have no warranty whereas the new tough one has a lifetime warranty. However, the labor only has 90 days for warranty work. Another thing to keep in mind.

I'm $1100 in so far. What would you guys and girls choose?

Old 08-25-2015, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hopefully whoever did the job drained to oil from the compressor and refilled with the correct amount?? Some mechanic's miss this step.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RevBiker
hopefully whoever did the job drained to oil from the compressor and refilled with the correct amount?? Some mechanic's miss this step.
They did the work correctly, I have no doubt about that. Anyone have any opinions as to which ac compressor you'd pick?

I'm still on the second ac compressor. It blows cold and I'm trying to decide what I want to do. The whining sound is faint, but it's there only when accelerating when the ac is running.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket "new" ac compressor or reman motorcraft?