2010 FX4. Replaced Blend Door Actuator. What next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 FX4. Replaced Blend Door Actuator. What next?

Truck: 2010 FX4 Duel Temp Control

Problem: Driver side temperature control working good. I get ac and heat and can control temperature with **** ---- Passenger side blowing what seems to be outside air. COLD! **** seems to work but no change in temp.

What I have done:

After reading an endless supply of blend door threads I felt confident that replacing the actuator behind the control panel and glove box was the fix. I finished this up today. I made sure I pulled fuse for adequate time. When I started the truck back up and tested the controls -- Like before the driver side was working well --- [B]But the passenger side now was blowing heat![B]

At this point I am second guessing weather it is a blend door problem. From what I have read if driver side temp control is working the fix is the easier actuator... If the driver side goes out and the passenger side is the one working then its the WAY WAY back actuator..

When I turn the ***** both seem to be working well.. Both ***** show the temp change when rotated on the display.

With the results I got after replacing the front actuator I don't want to dive into the whole dash and replace the other without checking here first.

There was a thread on this forum that I was reading where the same thing happened but no resolution was posted. If your out there and have experienced this or if you have any information that may help it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
T

Old 03-12-2015, 07:51 PM
If it is not the temperature blend door what would be the next thing to check.. I have replace the temperature control actuator and manually moved the blend door. For some reason my unit is not getting signal to engage or start moving. All lights work. The digital dial moves up and down but the actuator does not move.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Update. Took the truck in... Both actuators checked out. Problem is I have a bad control board on my 2010 fx4. What a kick in the a**. Can the 2010 duel temp control board without nav be rebuilt?

Old 12-07-2016, 06:43 PM
I would think not, but Napa may have a replacement if your still looking. also a salvage yard could help keep the cost down.

Quick Reply: 2010 FX4. Replaced Blend Door Actuator. What next?