2011 with dual zone, no warm air on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 with dual zone, no warm air on passenger side

I have a 2011 F150 with dual zone climate control. I've found that regardless of the temp setting for the passenger side, it only blows cold air (through both the defrost and dash vents). Has anyone else experienced this with their trucks? If so, is it something that can be easily fixed, or am I looking at a big repair bill here? Thanks for any info!

Old 12-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Sounds like the blend door or the blend door actuator is bad. If it's the actuator it's an easy fix. Blend door...not so much.

Search on here and you'll find many threads...

Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChezHed
I have a 2011 F150 with dual zone climate control. I've found that regardless of the temp setting for the passenger side, it only blows cold air (through both the defrost and dash vents)...
Sounds like it's time to get your dealership on this, ChezHed. They'll be happy to perform a repair so your passengers can be toasty warm again. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Old 12-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 12-19-2014, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
Sounds like it's time to get your dealership on this, ChezHed. They'll be happy to perform a repair so your passengers can be toasty warm again. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal
I've got a little over 55K miles on the truck, so it's out of warranty.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by ChezHed
I've got a little over 55K miles on the truck, so it's out of warranty.
Thanks for following up, ChezHed. If you decide to have your dealership take a look, let me know and I'll be able to check out ways to assist.

Crystal

Old 12-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Yep, I'm having the same issue with mine. I have a 2011 FX4 and just tonight the wife was complaining it was cold. I jacked the heat up to 78 and it was blasting pure cold air.

Anyone find the fix?

FordService: I have an extended warranty (top dog plan) so is this a covered repair?

TIA!

EDIT: I just saw the video above - holy crap - what a PIA!!!!

Last edited by ibcop; 12-25-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by ibcop
...FordService: I have an extended warranty (top dog plan) so is this a covered repair?...
Hi ibcop,

Your dealership will be in the best position to make a determination about whether or not a repair can be made under warranty. I recommend making an appointment so they can take a look. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Old 12-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Well, I had mine repaired - the part was $15 and some change (although Tasca sells the same part for just under $8) so the total bill was $73. Took about an hour and it was the blend door actuator.

I do have the Platinum (I think that is what the top dog warranty is) ESP and it would have been covered but since it was less than my 100 bone deductible, I paid it myself. Obviously. haha

Old 12-31-2014, 09:49 AM
...I do have the Platinum (I think that is what the top dog warranty is) ESP and it would have been covered but since it was less than my 100 bone deductible, I paid it myself. Obviously. haha
LOL! Well, I'm glad you're all fixed up, ibcop; let me know if you ever need my help in the future.

Crystal

Old 12-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
LOL! Well, I'm glad you're all fixed up, ibcop; let me know if you ever need my help in the future.

Crystal
Many thanks!

Old 01-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Well, I had mine repaired - the part was $15 and some change (although Tasca sells the same part for just under $8) so the total bill was $73. Took about an hour and it was the blend door actuator.

I do have the Platinum (I think that is what the top dog warranty is) ESP and it would have been covered but since it was less than my 100 bone deductible, I paid it myself. Obviously. haha
Do you know what the part number was? Did yours have any other symptoms (noise, etc), or was it just no warm air?

Old 01-12-2015, 08:52 PM
2012 FX4 with same problem

I had the same problem with my 2012 FX4 SuperCrew. I had no option but to take it to my local Ford dealership and bend over. The blend door actuator had to be replaced and the cost staggered me. A 2 year old truck should not require $1100 dollar repairs. I've been a Ford driver for over 45 years and have lost faith in Ford Built Tough. With so many people having this heat issue, why isn't Ford paying attention and doing something to correct this? Now, my Sony radio is also giving me the same issues a lot of others have experienced, left channel in front door cuts out. My son has the exact same truck as mine and his is doing the same thing. Ford Built Tough...yeah right!

Crystal, has Ford looked into this HVAC issue since so many of us have had failures of a $15 part that cost over $900 to replace?

With all these issues hitting my 2 year old truck, I think my 45 years with Ford are over.....so frustrating!

Old 01-12-2015, 09:33 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
2 years? Why no warranty - over 36k miles?

Old 01-12-2015, 09:43 PM
No Warrantee...55k miles. I love the truck and ride her a lot. Its all the things going wrong with it that has me frustrated. I should have mentioned the squealing A/C compressor that probably will have to be replaced. Started making noise a few weeks after Ford replaced the blend door actuator. Also have an intermittent rear view camera, more so when its warm out. I thought bought a truck that would last a long time.......not looking that way. Looking more like a lemon every day.

Quick Reply: 2011 with dual zone, no warm air on passenger side