A/C Blows HOT air until I rev the engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C Blows HOT air until I rev the engine

I have a 2005 Ford F150 FX4 4x4 crewcab. When I crank it up in the hot summer time, if the A/C is turned on it blows hot air until I put it in drive and start going. Or give it some gas and rev it up.
Is there someone who knows what is causing this and what the fix is for this issue?
Any help would be great.
I am thinking it is the blend door but I am only guessing at that, from what I have been able to gather online theres an issue with the ford blend door on lots of fords, but I am not sure if my problem is exactly that, mine has A/C it just needs something to make it work.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kongfish
I have a 2005 Ford F150 FX4 4x4 crewcab. When I crank it up in the hot summer time, if the A/C is turned on it blows hot air until I put it in drive and start going. Or give it some gas and rev it up.
Is there someone who knows what is causing this and what the fix is for this issue?
Any help would be great.
I am thinking it is the blend door but I am only guessing at that, from what I have been able to gather online theres an issue with the ford blend door on lots of fords, but I am not sure if my problem is exactly that, mine has A/C it just needs something to make it work.
When you say hot air do you mean outside temp or is it actually heated? There will be no heating when first cranking up a cold engine.
It sounds like you are talking outside temp air so it indicates low freon.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by E_Net_Rider
When you say hot air do you mean outside temp or is it actually heated? There will be no heating when first cranking up a cold engine.
It sounds like you are talking outside temp air so it indicates low freon.
This would be my guess also, had the same issue with my wife's Acadia last summer and all it needed was a shot of freon.

Quick Reply: A/C Blows HOT air until I rev the engine