97' Mixer Flap!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97' Mixer Flap!

Yep its been beatin thoroughly.

This topic is an old one of course... and two schools of thought seem to be prevalent.

1.) Take the entire dash apart (13+ hours), steering column apart to do it the "right" way.

2.) Heater Beater, shortcut it and cut the dash apart, who cares no one will see it!

I'm curious if anyone has found a happy medium? Is there a way to say put 3-4 maybe 5 hours into taking apart PART of the dash, then cutting into the plenum box for the Heater Beater portion? I'm not worried about cutting the plenum, but don't want to cut into the dash behind the glove box. Its not that I don't trust my ability to cut, its just a part that is original that I actually don't want to modify. The plenum can always be replaced and its more of a utilitarian part in comparison.

I do however hate the idea of taking the steering wheel/column apart. Too much of a pain in the *** and on top of that dealing with the whole air bag thing. Any help or insight would be great.

I've retired the truck and just recently started using it again. Going to take it Moose hunting and heat would be nice in Mid September

Old 08-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one has any feedback on this? No suggestion on whether doing the quick and dirty way or another route really is best? Suggestions would be great guys, moose seasons close approaching and I was hoping to get this repair started within the week and still need to order the parts.

Quick Reply: 97' Mixer Flap!