'11 fx4 blower motor humming?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 fx4 blower motor humming?

Just the other day I got in the truck and turned on the a/c and the blower motor was humming. Gets louder the more the fan is turned up. Is it possible for something to get sucked up in the blower motor and also whats the best way to pull it out and check. I know its located behind the glove box, but does anyone have experience pulling one out.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:33 AM
My 2010 is doing the same thing...

Old 07-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by osubuckfan
Just the other day I got in the truck and turned on the a/c and the blower motor was humming. Gets louder the more the fan is turned up. Is it possible for something to get sucked up in the blower motor and also whats the best way to pull it out and check. I know its located behind the glove box, but does anyone have experience pulling one out.
Originally Posted by Backnblack_66
My 2010 is doing the same thing...
Hey osubuckfan and Backnblack_66,

Have you had this inspected by your Ford Dealer? Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number; I'll see how to best assist.

Nick

Old 08-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Ok, heres what I found. I removed the panel under the glove box/above where the passengers feet would be. The blower motor is up front toward the firewall. There are 3 small bolts and a electrical plug. I Removed the 3 bolts and unplugged the connector. The motor and fan which is like a rats wheel will drop down. You have to wiggle and play with it a bit to get it to drop down. Its a snug fit. What I found was that a piece of kleenex was sucked up into the fan. I removed it and thw hum is gone. Obviously there is somewhere, that when the hvac is on recirculate, it pulls air from inside the cab where a piece of debris can be pulled into the fan...I have heard of this before. Hope this works for you backnblack 66

Old 08-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by osubuckfan
Hope this works for you backnblack 66
Will check this out...Thanks

Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 PM
There was some kind of plastic "sticker" that was flopping around in there.

Noise is GONE...thankfully.

Quick Reply: '11 fx4 blower motor humming?