2010 Fan Controller stuck on high

Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Fan Controller stuck on high

My heating & A/C fan is stuck on high regardless of my attempts to lower its speed. Turning it completely off is my only option. Any idea what I may try?

Old 06-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Moved to proper forum

Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Where is the link to the "proper forum"? I'm having the same problem with my 2009 F-150 KR and would be very interested in some help. My A/C fan is stuck on high regardless of setting.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
This was a very easy fix! Just replaced the motor resistor control. Now my fan speeds all work fine. Follow the instructions at the link below. Even talked down the dealer price from $119 to $81 using their price matching suggestion.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...k-on-high.html

Regards, Troy

Last edited by troyf150; 06-26-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:33 PM
This is the part that failed... 9L34-19E624-AC or 9L3Z-19E624-B or Ford Motorcraft YH-1827 YH1827 (made in Mexico)

Remove glove box to gain access to AC fan...

Part is circled in red, located on side of fan, aluminum heat fins are inside housing...

Last edited by troyf150; 06-26-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Could also try

http://www.texasmotorsfordparts.com/

for a quick price check. The part sells for $80.95 there.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by troyf150
This was a very easy fix! Just replaced the motor resistor control. Now my fan speeds all work fine. Follow the instructions at the link below. Even talked down the dealer price from $119 to $81 using their price matching suggestion.

Regards, Troy
TryoF150 - thanks so much for the detailed post. My truck started doing this yesterday. Searched the forum sitting in the Dr's office, stopped by the dealer on the way home, got the part for $92 because of your info, and now installed and working perfectly. That is why this is the first place I look for info. Thanks again!!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Add me to this group... Fan stuck on high... Tried tapping on the resistor and no luck... Will add this on to the power steering hose they're fixing on Monday...

Old 05-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Exclamation AC Fan wont blow any air

i have a problem that looks like there are already answers to in this forum but i need some clarification on a few things. i have a 2009 Ford150 Lariat and for a few days my ac fan was stuck on high then just today i completely went out on me it shows that my fan is on high and NO air is coming out the strange thing is that my seat coolers work? i have not tried to replace the part i saw that might fix the problem the motor resistor control. when i look up the part i see all different kinds of them how do i know i am ordering the right one and i dont know if they all work and they are just generics that are cheaper or if its just the wrong one ill post both pictures to see if they will both work.
or this one. please help ASAP its going to be 90s all week and with NO AC going to suck *****!!!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by Garzaj007
i have a problem that looks like there are already answers to in this forum but i need some clarification on a few things. i have a 2009 Ford150 Lariat and for a few days my ac fan was stuck on high then just today i completely went out on me it shows that my fan is on high and NO air is coming out the strange thing is that my seat coolers work? i have not tried to replace the part i saw that might fix the problem the motor resistor control. when i look up the part i see all different kinds of them how do i know i am ordering the right one and i dont know if they all work and they are just generics that are cheaper or if its just the wrong one ill post both pictures to see if they will both work.
or this one. please help ASAP its going to be 90s all week and with NO AC going to suck *****!!!

Should be the lower one, check out the photo's a few posts above yours there's a step by step with pics to pull it out and just verify it looks like yours... it's right behind the glove box and I think it was just one 10mm screw to remove... took 3 minutes to change mine...

Old 08-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by User Error
Should be the lower one, check out the photo's a few posts above yours there's a step by step with pics to pull it out and just verify it looks like yours... it's right behind the glove box and I think it was just one 10mm screw to remove... took 3 minutes to change mine...

Did you get it replaced with the one on bottom? I bought the one on top and I think it is wrong for my lariat. I think it is different for the climate control AC.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Garzaj007

Woops I replied to the wrong person at first. Did you get this sorted out? I'm having the same problem with my lariat and I originally bought the one on top but when I got under the glove box the part I took out looks like the picture you had on bottom. I think it is because of the automatic climate control. Are the parts equivalent? Did it fix your problem? Did it look any different (burned or anything) when you took it out?

Thanks!

Old 08-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Ford F150 A/C Blower Resistor

2011 Ford F150 w/43000 miles
3.5L EcoBoost

Purchased the part from local dealer for $67+ tax ....
Followed video I found on youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-6-H1IRK8

Part# 9l3z-19e624-b
Part# YH-1827

Old 08-27-2014, 11:13 AM
The smaller resistor is for manual HVAC. Replaced mine on 2008 this past weekend. Simple job if you have small hands and body! I'm 6'2", 235 lb, and found it a bit awkward.....

Old 08-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Can be stuck at any speed and can test the problem

Originally Posted by troyf150

Regards, Troy
I bought a replacement off Amazon which was Motorcraft original part for $41.00 and solved my problem. At first the blower would hardly blow. It was stuck at the low speed. I removed the unit, put in my freezer for 30 min. (Because it was extremely hot). When I put it back in it worked fine. All speeds possible. I used it like that for 3 days while waiting on the replacement. Easy fix and the solid state controller definitely can fail (heat related issue). After reading reviews about after market controllers being poor quality and extremely unreliable I would advise to stick to the Motorcraft parts. At $41 why not?

Incase you were interested what's inside here is the old one.

This is a solid state controller and is conformal coated but appears to die from heat related failures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Fan Controller stuck on high