Insufficient Cooling

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insufficient Cooling

Hello All,

It's been awhile, but I have a problem with my AC blowing insufficient cool air. I first started to notice when my AC Compressor started to rattle when engaged the clutch turned off and on and no cold air was blowing. So I took it to a mechanic and he told me I had a leak and the whole AC system needed to be replace for $2500.00. Yeah right, I told him to recharge only. Ok so now I am getting cool air but not cold enough. I running it on the MAX setting and you can feel a low cool. With a full recharge I still hear the rattling from the AC compressor when the clutch kicks off and on. Any idea?

2001 F150 Harley Davidson / 266k miles

Lucio

Old 10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Have you put a new compressor on it yet? Or Condenser?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I have not tried another Compressor, Condensor, or Evaporator. What would you replace first? I have a feeling the compressor is under performing, but I hate to change it out if it's something else.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by mrlucio79
I have not tried another Compressor, Condensor, or Evaporator. What would you replace first? I have a feeling the compressor is under performing, but I hate to change it out if it's something else.
Well when you turn on the a/c does the clutch kick on?

Old 10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Any reputable a/c tech can trace a leak. To just change the whole system because of a leak tells me they have no clue how to properly diagnose the system, or they just want to empty your wallet. Not to mention them not even addressing the cause of the noise you described, Does the noise seem to be coming from inside the compressor or could it be coming from the a\c compressor clutch? Is the clutch kicking in and out rather quickly?

Quick Reply: Insufficient Cooling