Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > HVAC
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Question How To Disable AC Compressor in 2001 Ford F150

I just replaced the AC Compressor but did not replace any other parts nor did I put any refrigerant after replacing the compressor. I haven't used the AC and it has been kept turned off.

Now there is a noisy coming from the compressor area again and I'm afraid it may be bad. I want to disable the compressor so that the clutch doesn't go bad and breaks my belt stranding me.

HOw can I disable the AC compressor but allow the clutch and belt to continue to work so I can keep using the truck?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:25 AM
2003 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 03 4X4 5.4 SCREW
The compressor is not going to engage the clutch without refrig in it. The system has a low pressure cut out switch that will not allow the compressor to run without refrig in it.
Why not get a serp belt that will bypass the compressor?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:58 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by torkum View Post
Why not get a serp belt that will bypass the compressor?
Just get a bypass pulley from advance for 30 bux...
Old 07-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by elocow View Post
Now there is a noisy coming from the compressor area again and I'm afraid it may be bad. I want to disable the compressor so that the clutch doesn't go bad and breaks my belt stranding me.
Make sure it's the ac compressor and not the idler or tensioner pulley bearings.

Brad
Old 07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
2003 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150 FX4
If it is indeed the compressor that is your problem just unplug it. There should be a two wire plug that goes to the compressor, unplug it and zip tie it up out of harms way. Then your compressor can't engage even if you use any of the defrost settings.

If your compressor is the issue it would only make noise when you have the AC on or any setting that includes defrost. If your truck is making noise all the time it is one of the other accessories or the idler or tensioner pulley as stated above.
2003 F150 4x4 FX4 (White): 5.4L, Custom Tuned Gryphon Programmer, DIY Air Intake Mod, Dual 16" Derale Tornado E-fans with DD PAC-2700 Fan Controller, Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Twin 18" Magnaflows, Factory Tech Separator Plate, F250 SD Trans Cooler, Digital Trans Temp Gauge, Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System, Mag-Hytech Rear Diff Cover.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Global Moderator &
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
or remove the associated fuse/relay
Old 07-27-2010, 07:58 PM