A/C on 2007 sometimes works, sometimes not

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C on 2007 sometimes works, sometimes not

Hi all,

I was having issues with the A/C on my 2007 F-150 a few months back. Sometimes when you turned it on, it would work fine. But when I tried to turn it off, the light for the a/c button would stay lit and it and the a/c would not turn off. Or, sometimes the a/c button light would stay lit, but the a/c WOULD go off. I had similar problems with the recirculator, too. Sometimes I'd hit the reciculator button and it would work, sometimes it would turn off. Sometimes turning off the whole hvac system (fan) would seem to shut things off, sometimes even that didn't work. Sometimes turning the truck off then restarting seemed to 'fix' things, sometimes not.

Took it to Ford (still under warranty barely) and they checked it all out and said it was a compressor problem / a/c clutch wasn't working right. The replaced the whole compressor and said it was fixed.

It seemed to work fine for about two months, and now I'm a month out of my 3/30K warranty, and the damn thing is acting up again. I barely use the thing and it's apparently already broken again.

I have a hard time believing it somehow ruined another compressor when honestly, during this summer I'm driving my truck about 2 hours a day tops, only 1 day a week usually.

Any ideas? They said the repair parts are under a 12/12,000 warranty if I bring it back in. I suspect THIS time they'll just tell me it's some electronic thing and want to charge me for some $500 electronic control module.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ac

sound similiar to what my truck is doing....its actually a $27 part.....a blender door motor actuator, which controls the door for cool and heat....ford replaces and sells alot of them....it is a common issue since they are made out of plastic and plastic gears.....im attempting to replace mine shortly....ford wants $500 to replace it...seems to me a common issue between 2005-2008

Quick Reply: A/C on 2007 sometimes works, sometimes not