05 only blowing through main vent no defroster

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks, i will check that out

Old 06-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Hey Bushie.

[Hey Bushie, How did you fix this problem my truck is doing the exact same thing
QUOTE=Bushie;3802759]I have the same problem on my 2002 crew, but the air is only blowing out the defrost at the windshield. it does seem to blow cold air, but will not change on any dial setting except off. then it goes off. at least that works. Is this the same remedy IYO
Thanks
Bushie[/QUOTE]

Old 01-01-2016, 02:28 PM
I also have a 2003 Crew Cab where the defrost no longer vents out to the windshield. The front vents work and the temperature controls work. I have read this thread and am guessing this year is vacuum activated. Is it located/accessed via the drivers side or glove box? any pictures of this actuator?
thanks

Old 01-22-2016, 10:29 AM
No Defrost - No Floor Heat

Same problem others listed, Had in for service in 2010 & 2011 under warranty problem was never resolved. Occasionally it does work but most of the time it does not. Will not defrost windshield until entire cab comes up to temperature. Little to no air flow out the defrost vents, blows hard out the dash vents regardless what setting controls are on. Some times a run time of 20-30 min is required to accomplish cab temperature to defrost entire windshield. Have more then once had to pull over to the side of the road because windshield fogged while driving. Just took truck in again (now out of warranty) the local dealer is telling me a 1,200.00 repair and the entire dash has to come out. Others are saying it is a safety issue and should still be warranted beings by safety standards the heat is supposed to default to the defrost setting. Has anyone been able to get this issue warranted after the standard warranty is over? Especially when it was a ongoing problem while the truck was still under warranty. Feedback appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by KWright
Same problem others listed, Had in for service in 2010 & 2011 under warranty problem was never resolved. Occasionally it does work but most of the time it does not. Will not defrost windshield until entire cab comes up to temperature. Little to no air flow out the defrost vents, blows hard out the dash vents regardless what setting controls are on. Some times a run time of 20-30 min is required to accomplish cab temperature to defrost entire windshield. Have more then once had to pull over to the side of the road because windshield fogged while driving. Just took truck in again (now out of warranty) the local dealer is telling me a 1,200.00 repair and the entire dash has to come out. Others are saying it is a safety issue and should still be warranted beings by safety standards the heat is supposed to default to the defrost setting. Has anyone been able to get this issue warranted after the standard warranty is over? Especially when it was a ongoing problem while the truck was still under warranty. Feedback appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Call the local Zone manager, that's what he or she is there for.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For right now, I'd take the actuator off and try to manually turn the lever to the defrost mode. This will let you defrost in the meantime.

If the mode door is not "fully" jammed, you should be able to move it by hand as the actuator is not as strong as you are.

Quick Reply: 05 only blowing through main vent no defroster