EATC Issues

Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EATC Issues

2003 F-150 King Ranch
Background:
I can only get the air to blow through defrost on all settings except Vent.
Defrost, Def/Floor, Floor/Vent all blow through Defrost vent only.
With the setting on Vent, it blows through the vent.
A/C and A/C Max works.
What I did last winter was to move the vacuum tubes downstream of the EATC so that when I have the control on Vent, it blows a mixture of Defrost and Floor. That worked OK for last winter, but I would like to have it functioning properly - although I don't really want to spend $600 for a replacement!
I have good vacuum on the downstream side of the controller, so I assume I have a good vacuum feed to the EATC.
Does this sound like a problem that could be cured by the O ring rebuild referenced in another thread, or is the EATC pooched?

One other question.
It drives me nuts that the A/C will turn on automatically to adjust the temperature in the truck. I would like to have control of that feature.
Can someone tell me which colored wire coming out of the EATC turns the compressor on and off?
I would like to put a toggle switch in line on that wire

Thanks

Old 08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KCLee
2003 F-150 King Ranch
Background:
I can only get the air to blow through defrost on all settings except Vent.
Defrost, Def/Floor, Floor/Vent all blow through Defrost vent only.
With the setting on Vent, it blows through the vent.
A/C and A/C Max works.
What I did last winter was to move the vacuum tubes downstream of the EATC so that when I have the control on Vent, it blows a mixture of Defrost and Floor. That worked OK for last winter, but I would like to have it functioning properly - although I don't really want to spend $600 for a replacement!
I have good vacuum on the downstream side of the controller, so I assume I have a good vacuum feed to the EATC.
Does this sound like a problem that could be cured by the O ring rebuild referenced in another thread, or is the EATC pooched?

One other question.
It drives me nuts that the A/C will turn on automatically to adjust the temperature in the truck. I would like to have control of that feature.
Can someone tell me which colored wire coming out of the EATC turns the compressor on and off?
I would like to put a toggle switch in line on that wire

Thanks
Bump.

From the other o-ring re-build thread our sysmptoms are exactly the same.

However mine seems to be a bit intermittent as i can sometimes get the AC to blow through the vents if i'm in "vent" mode and then hit "auto" w/ the fan set to low/medium not full blast

I have yet to look for under-hood vac line issues but i hope it's something that does not require me to tear apart the entire dash

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EATC Issues