Air Blows only through Defrost

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mpresme
vacume line is off or pinched check that first
Severed actually. Hooked it up, works like a charm. Total cost....about $3.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:16 PM
F-700 a/c

My F-700 A/C only blows from the defrost vents no matter where the control is at. Could anyone tell me where the vacuum line would be to fix this problem?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Just want to say that I love this forum and all the people who post helpful information! This just started happening with my '97 F-150 that I've had since I bought it new (yes I love my truck). Last car that started doing this it was a broken deflection panel and had to tear into the dash. I'd already planned time to do that this weekend when and started gathering information when my search turned up this thread. At midnight I walked outside in the rain with my flashlight and found the tiny vacuum line and sure enough it was cracked clean in half. Looks like I got much more free time this weekend.

Thanks again to the contributers.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Hey, I'm pretty new to forums and how they work. I need help with my dads 2001 Ford F-150. The a/c only blows out of the defrost and floor. I have read that the vacuum line near the battery is most likely the problem or the O-rings in the EATC may be bad however I don't think I have come across a discussion about the particular year of Ford my dad owns. Is the EATC the same on all Fords? Is the vacuum line location near the battery the same on all Ford F-150s? Is it actually under the battery? I am also having trouble getting the dash piece off that needs to be removed to get to the EATC. I would greatly appreciate some answers because my dad is getting to old to do this kind of stuff. I would like to fix it for him. Thank you

Old 02-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Not a member of this forum, was just perusing the Internet for research on this. In process of building a pre-runner out of an 02 F150, noticed air was only working through defrost. Walked into the shop in my boxers after reading this thread, 5 minutes, tubing, heat shrink, and done. You boys just saved me hours of testing yesterday on an already tight schedule. Thanks, Gents!

Old 05-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Air blowing through defrost vents

I have a 2002 f150 and today as I was driving my ac automatically switched to blowing regular air through the defrost vents not even ac air just regular outside temp air, but my control panel, which is digital, went off and will not even come on or off but yet air is blowing on high through defroster. Can someone help? Tried the egr sensor but no luck.

Last edited by Mb36; 05-12-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Air Blows only through Defrost