Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > HVAC
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F-150
'01 F150 HVAC Blower works only on "high" - How to fix

If your HVAC blower runs only on "high" chances are you need to replace the blower motor resistor (about $15). The blower is designed to run through a series of resistors on low and medium. The "high" setting bypasses the resistor. If the resistor burns out, only high will work. The resistor can be found by placing your head or better yet, a mirror on the passenger side floor mat and looking up behind the glove box. Use an 8mm socket to remove the 2 sheet metal screws which secure it to the blower housing. Should be about a 10 minute job.
Below is a link to my Photo Gallery showing location of the resistor.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/...w.cfm?num=9470

Hope this helps. - Mark :banana:

Last edited by Mark_B; 09-22-2005 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Improved Title
Old 06-30-2009, 01:55 PM

This info was a great help..thanks...It took only 10 - 15 minutes. I bought my resistor at a Ford Dealership for about $30 Cdn. Fan is now working with all speeds available.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM

Blower Resistor Motor

Mark - What if the blower motor does not run on any speed? Mine was working one day and then not at all on the next. I checked the fuse and it is OK. Does the fact that it does not run on High, indicate issues with either the switch or the blower motor itself. Do you know how to get the switch out.

Thanks, Wes

P.S. the photo on the blower motor are really helpful. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F250 6.8
Mark hasn't visited this site in a year and a half.

You're responding to a four-year-old post...

1995 Mustang GT Convertible, only 68K miles.
200 Ford Contour Daily drive.
2001 F250 SD, 6.8L, 4 X4.
2007 Mercury Mariner AWD - Wifey's daily driver
Old 07-01-2009, 07:07 PM