Replacing Blender Control actuator?

Old 12-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing Blender Control actuator?

My Navigators ETAC system only blows hot air. All controls work (def, vents, etc.) but no matter what temp I set the control to it blows hot air, even with AC on. It was suggested that it may be the blender control actuator. Has anyone ever replaced one on an Expedition or Navigator? I assume an F150 might be the same. Thanks.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've never seen one yet when the actuator itself fails. Normally, the temperature control door breaks where it connects to the actuator. Replacing the door is a pretty big job that involves removing the center console, the instrument panel and seperating the plentum case to remove the broken door and drop the new one in. Figure a solid weekend if you've never done it yourself, or somewhere from $7-800 worth of labor for your friendly neighborhood Ford or Lincoln-Mercury dealership to do it.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:25 AM
I have 2000 F150 with heater control/blend door not working correctly. Replaced heater control **** and control behind ****. Still not working correctly. Turn **** to full heat. It would stay stuck on full heat. I pulled off the kick plate over tranny hump. Actuator is white flat plastic assy. Took 30-60 minutes to get it out. Blend door did not look broken. I read somewhere, and it is true for my truck, that the actuator tries to turn the blend door farther that the blend door can move. This happens in both directions (cold/blue and heat/red). I tested this by putting the new actuator shaft into the blend door and holding the actuator in my hand right where it would be fastened with it's three screws. Well the blend door would close all the way and the actuator would want to keep pushing the blend door further putting pressure on the actuator. So, what I did was mark the heater control **** on the dashboard where the blend door was actually full open and full closed. I will not turn the **** any further. Positions are 3 o'clock and 8 o'clock. No further.

Works good with new actuator. $58 with tax.

sc150

Old 01-17-2005, 11:57 PM
The actuator turns it further in order to seal the door against its mating surface as best as it can.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Blend Door issues

Were you able to get your heater issue fixed? I have a similiar issue with my blend door. Truck will blow cold a/c until I accelerate, then the blend door closed and blows hot air.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Blend Door/Actuator Replacement

I replaced the blend door and actuator in my 1999 Expedition a few weeks back. I found it nearly impossible to locate any concrete info on this job when researching it online prior to doing it... I came up completely empty, except for a few general hints... So I went ahead and posted some details/observations on this job as I experienced them, as well as some photos in the following thread...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346387

Good luck --
sfc

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing Blender Control actuator?