Antenna Cable Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antenna Cable Help

After putting up with my stock 6 CD changer being jammed for 2 years, I finally decided to put in a touch screen blue tooth Boss in my 07 FX4. Unfortunately, the stock antenna cable end broke and won't fit an adapter.

Any work arounds or tips? I saw on the part list that the antenna is two pieces, not sure if there is anything I can do.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you opt for a new cable, tape a small rope to the old one before you pull it out. Then you use the rope to pull the new one through the same path as the old one. Othernthat, I don't know. I sure someone here will have a good idea.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jgger
If you opt for a new cable, tape a small rope to the old one before you pull it out. Then you use the rope to pull the new one through the same path as the old one. Othernthat, I don't know. I sure someone here will have a good idea.
That is the method i used in my '03, the cable in mine was rotten, like moisture got inside somehow. Be warned you'll have to take apart some of the dash to get to it's path through the firewall. I spent a couple hours messing around with it to get the new cable in and mostly back in the factory position. Your local Ford dealer should be able to get you the parts you need, they had mine. I use www.fordparts.com to look up part numbers and such

Here's a link to the antenna page for an 07 fx4
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Ca...antenna#Search

I've found my local dealer is usually a little cheaper than the price they list. I registered on the site as well to save my trucks info so i didn't have to re-enter it every time. Their search engine is a little clunky too, so sometimes I enter less specific info (in this case just antenna) so i can click on the diagrams along side the parts listed to find a part number.

Last edited by 1972-2003f150; 06-17-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Antenna Cable Help