Installing a Kenwood double din using modified touchscreen dash bezel

Old 03-30-2016, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing a Kenwood double din using modified touchscreen dash bezel

I am about to install a Kenwood DDX773bh head unit. I have a 2014 screw with the 4.3 lcd screen. Instead of going with one of the aftermarket bezels i picked up a factory touchscreen bezel and will modify the opening to fit the Kenwood. I plan on painting the bezel red just like the exterior. Everything comes in tomorrow so I will start on it when it arrives. I don't think i have ever read or heard of anyone doing this but I wanted to see if anyone else has done this or knows someone who has. I am just trying to get some feedback. This is basically the last part of my system. I have been running off of the stock head unit with the lc6i. I just added 2 more 10's (Sundown Audio Sd-10) for a total of 4. I will try to post pics of everything as i go. Here is a pic of the subs.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:18 AM

HAD TO CUT OUT THESE 2 PIECES TO FIT.

ALMOST FINISHED INSTALLING. I AM PAINTING THE BEZEL TODAY. IT WILL BE THE SAME COLOR AS MY TRUCK.

Last edited by bcombel; 04-09-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:32 PM
I recently installed a DDX394 in my 2010. I also used the Maestro module. I have yet to hook up the SYNC wire, though. Where did you find it? Best I can tell, it is in the harness at the SYNC module. I was wondering if there is an easier place to splice it in. I'm also wondering if you, or anyone else watching this thread, have figured out the custom color setting to match the factory illumination.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing a Kenwood double din using modified touchscreen dash bezel