2011 f150 radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 f150 radio problems

Every once and a while the radio would shut off and turn back on.
Yesterday it just shut off and now only the clock is flashing.
I checked all fuses and there ok .
Any suggestions?

Old 07-01-2015, 09:40 AM
I know my truck is a 2007 but I am dealing with a similar problem as well. My radio does the same as yours but the clock has also been staying on when the truck is off and the doors are open. I think this is the reason for my dead battery. My problem usually happens after it rains or when the snow melts. I think water from the 3rd brake light leak is causing my problem. If you use the search function there's a lot of posts about electrical problems. Some are also caused by a corroded wire on the driver side under the plastic trim that runs along the cab. Hope this helps and welcome to the site

Old 08-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Johnny it sounds like your issue is being caused by a bad radio itself, which is probably out of warranty by now. I have the same year XLT Screw that I'm upgrading to an Alpine aftermarket this week, so let me know if you're interested in my oem radio.

Miller, I had a similar issue with my 2005, and after troubleshooting the door switch, harness, wiring and radio, I found the problem in a faulty ECM module. Once that was replaced, everything went back to normal.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Mine is doing the same thing right now and I just replaced the radio about 2 years ago was under warranty and now its doing it again usually it comes back on after I turn ignition off and then back on but now wont work at all.

Quick Reply: 2011 f150 radio problems