Adding bluetooth to truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adding bluetooth to truck?

I did a quick search but after 10 pages I gave up.

I'm looking to add bluetooth to my truck. I have an older Alpine head unit with a Aux input. I found a little bluetooth receiver from Best Buy a long time ago and had that in there, however it had to be turned on every time you wanted to use it, and it was battery powered so it always needed to be charged. I'm looking for something I can hardwire in to come on when key is on. I want to just hop in the truck, turn the key, and have it connect automatically. If possible I do like the idea of it being capable of hands free calls/texts but it's not mandatory. I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars either. I've looked online and found a few different options but none of them really say if it is battery powered or externally powered/always on. Is there anyone who can recommend one? Thanks

Old 03-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd recommend upgrading your head unit to one with integrated blue tooth.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love to upgrade the head unit but its not in the budget right now.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I put a Pioneer in my 03 that has blue tooth, cd, am/fm and a usb port. Wife got it for my birthday and I did the install myself. Mounted the mic at the top of the A-pillar so you don't see any wires and I love it. I think the wife paid around $130 for the unit, which is about half of the price of a cell phone ticket here in Calif!

Quick Reply: Adding bluetooth to truck?