poor radio reception

Old 06-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poor radio reception

for the longest time i have had very poor radio reception. most of the time i can't even listen to the fm stations in the city, it will not pick up the portable siruis radios, so i had one that plugged in to the back, but it started to crap out on me as well. it would just search for single all the time.

the head unit is a clarion single din, touch screen not sure of the modle number,
its almost like the antenna doesn't work, i can unplug it at the back and there is no change in reception. i have scraped all the black paint off the antenna, acetone was taking to long lol. but that was done years ago. i remember my old deck also a clarion did the same thing before i replaced it with this new one, that is probable 6-7 years old now.

any ideas on what to do.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Check the pin on the coaxial antenna cable. I broke mine one time and had to run a new cable.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2001 seems to have poor reception as well with stock radio. About a one hour drive and I'm losing channels but other radios in the vicinity are picking up channels I can't,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: poor radio reception