Go Back   F150online Forums > Audio & Video System > Head Units
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Aftermarket Nav in a 2011 F150 XLT

My wife's new 2011 F150 XLT should be here in a couple of days. It has the stock radio (no nav, sync or anything else). Anyone have a pic of an aftermarket nav head unit in a 2009-2011 F150? I just want to know what the install kit looks like with the head unit installed. I know some of the install kits look like a very bad after though once installed.

THANKS.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Ok, I got the Alpine Nav unit installed today and now the display above the stereo displays:

F150
BUILT FORD TOUGH

All the time and it annoys the $&*#^ out of me. Anyone know of a way to get rid of this?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:51 PM
2005 Ford F-150
My Garage

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F-150
It's there to remind you your truck is freakin awesome!!! lol I don't know.

(Sig by Screen-FX.net)

05 Lariat S-CREW 4x4, 2.5" Level, Line-X, 12" Kicker Comp CVR & Kenwood amp, 305/55/20 Nittos on Moto Metal 950's.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Nope but after a day or so I dont even notice it.

I would look at the scorche dash kit, it is more sturdy than the others and it doesnt have any weid gaps and has a really nice fit around my HU. It is so good of a fit that I didnt even need to use the HU trim ring that came with the HU.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Garage is empty, add now

does ur volume on the steering wheel work still? and sync?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie909 View Post
does ur volume on the steering wheel work still? and sync?
I don't have either which is also driving me crazy. The sync is no big deal because the new alpine has Bluetooth but not having the steering wheel controls makes me NUTS! I inked the deal on the truck before it got to the dealer, I will not make that mistake again. I'm working on a deal right now to trade it in after only 3 weeks!

I went from a 09 F350 King Ranch with everything to the XLT with nothing and I must say since Ford has added so many trim packages over the last few years the XLT must be the new XL! What in the hell was I thinking?

Last edited by Redleg; 06-18-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 PM