Go Back   F150online Forums > Audio & Video System > Head Units
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-30-2010, 06:55 PM

Ford radio anti-theft?

I installed a 6 disc factory radio into the 05 Ford F150 a few weeks ago. I hated the aftermarket one that the previous owner installed. All was well, it plugged right up and has been working great. Yesterday I went and picked up a 10" Boston sub and flush box for under the back seat. I installed the amp and sub no problems all sounded great. Today my uncle says the radio won't power on. Here is the details and the diagnostics so far.

Radio DOES power on, but only for clock functions.
The amp was hooked up via a line level converter which I spliced off of the back speaker wires behind the radio.
The remote lead was ran from the ignition wire from behind the radio. (Color was green w/yellow)
Amp is connected with 4GA from the battery to a distribution block to 2 8GA wires.
Amp ground is 2 8GA wires less than 12" long and to the chassis under the seat with the paint stripped away.
Sub is wired in 4OHM bridged, not that it is of any importance.

Wiring diagram I used to determine splices.

My thoughts are anti-theft. I checked the number 7 fuse and the number 33 fuse, both are good. I am not sure how to reset the anti-theft if this is in fact the issue.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Something just like this happened to me today. I tapped the green/yellow wire for a switch. Radio and swithes working fine went to button it up and radio no workie. I replaced the fuse and sounds like it is cycling though the discs and thats about as far as I can get before the fuse pops.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merty View Post
Something just like this happened to me today. I tapped the green/yellow wire for a switch. Radio and swithes working fine went to button it up and radio no workie. I replaced the fuse and sounds like it is cycling though the discs and thats about as far as I can get before the fuse pops.
Same thing with the radio cycling. Which fuse is blowing? All of mine are intact.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 AM

Fuse 22 fixed my problem. Still using the same remote lead. What happened was the amp got moved and the remote hit the side and grounded out and blew the fuse. Just updating in case anyone has this problem in the future.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Thanks Man! That was it. What got me was I pulled 31 and replaced it and the stereo cycled so I thought it was popping that one. Well I went back out with better light the fuses I replaced from slot 31 all are good. Checked 22 and sure enough. Got everything back together and I'm good to go.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:17 PM