Go Back   F150online Forums > Audio & Video System > Head Units
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
Dash disassembly?

Guys,

For us DIY'ers, how easy is it to tear the dash apart to get the factory stereo out and put a new one in? I'm not gonna take it to someone with the fear that they'll booger my plastic up.

I haven't seen a thread that deals with that but I'm sure there is one.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 03-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Global Moderator &
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
open the big tray under the AC panel (halfway open), and stick your fingers nails up under the center trim piece, pull straight out towards you, and work your way up the trim piece, should be i think 8 clips in total.

Dual Bullets X Patman LED tail lights X Custom Sub Box
Reverse Fogs X 5/7 Drop X Jmod X Console Shifted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
Under my umbrella ella ella ay ay ay
Old 03-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouv420 View Post
Guys,For us DIY'ers, how easy is it to tear the dash apart to get the factory stereo out and put a new one in?
are you talking about the radio bezel? do you need to take the whoel dash out or are you just trying to install a aftermarket stereo? if it's just the radio the bezel just pops out. there are a total of 5 clips for the bezel.
trust earned, never given
Old 03-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr View Post
are you talking about the radio bezel? do you need to take the whoel dash out or are you just trying to install a aftermarket stereo? if it's just the radio the bezel just pops out. there are a total of 5 clips for the bezel.
on an 04+? Theres at least 6...i think its 8. 2 above and below the radio, 2 around the AC, and at the bottom. start from the bottom and work your way up.

- 285/70/17 BFG ATKO - AVIC X910BT - Infinity Kappa - Infinity 475A - Magnaflow SIDO -
- Magnaflow Hiflow's - Volant CAI - Lightning Heads - LED Corners - Security by Viper -

Give a n00b the answer he will be learn for a day; show him the search button, he will learn for life.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr View Post
Yeah, I guess I should've said radio bezel. I wasn't sure where to start taking it off from.

Thanks for the input, guys. Sounds easier than I thought it was.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to hi3cho
Full Radio Removal (and XM Install) - Photos & Instructions!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford f150 4X4
Thanks that is just what I was looking for....
Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM