Finally got the AVH P3100DVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got the AVH P3100DVD

I've been waiting for this one for a couple of months. Finally came out...got it installed at a shop through a friend since making the DVD work while the car is moving is a little trickier on this one (not that i plan to watch while driving but nice to have the option there). It changed to 24 hour time (I like it better than am/pm for some reason...) after a I did a factory reset although the manual makes no mention of that.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Looks good. I like the up front usb port.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Looks really good. I like the display off button, wish the AVIC-700 had one of those on the outside and not hidden in the menu's

Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Looks good!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Not too shabby!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Nice! I am getting that for sure!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 PM
AWESOME!! I've been dying to get my hands on this one or the 4100. (Same thing but less buttons and 7" screen) Nice to see some real screen shots other than the stock photos online. Way to go man, I'll definitely be picking one of the two up now!

Old 03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
I bought a P3100DVD just like yours. Did your friend purchase the hack kit thing off of ebay or did he make it? If you can let me know how you do it. Is it the same as the p4000dvd? If so I can do a search on here and turn up a bunch of hits. let me know

Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Looks good, I just installed the AVH-P4000DVD and love it.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by uclabruin98
Great song...but the Foo Fighters version is by far the best...

Old 03-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
Great song...but the Foo Fighters version is by far the best...
haha. i have that version too and another techno version. I just picked that song b/c I had the album art loaded and it displays on the screen. i would love to go and get the album art for all my songs...but that's a huge task maybe i'll take up one day.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by uclabruin98
i would love to go and get the album art for all my songs...but that's a huge task maybe i'll take up one day.
For iTunes, there's a get album artwork thing if you have an iTunes store account. I've never used it, cause I don't get my music from iTunes store. Anyone know if this will still work?

Back on subject, I'm waiting for my 4100 to show up. The dvd doesn't work while driving? How did you get around that?
Also the rear-view but I'll wire that into the accessory power supply. (powers the lights and radio til you open the door etc..)

Old 03-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Nemo249
For iTunes, there's a get album artwork thing if you have an iTunes store account. I've never used it, cause I don't get my music from iTunes store. Anyone know if this will still work?
It will work no matter if you get your music from iTunes or not. It does not really work that well. There are other things to do to get your album art on there. The number one thing is make sure that all of your (known) data about the song is listed in the details under properties when you right click on the song from your PC. If these details are incomplete then that is really the reason why most of the album art is missing. I purchased a program called magic MP3 tagger. It will actually fill in the holes and change your info for all of your songs info like Artist, Album and track number etc.... You tell it a folder and it will do all of the work. The program is not perfect it makes mistakes and sometimes does not always do it perfectly, however I had about 2000 songs and it was a huge time saver. Once all of the songs were tagged I went back into iTunes and told it to find album art. It did okay no where near all of them. So after doing lots of reading on the internet I found another little helpful thing.. it is a widget from Yahoo called iTunes companion. Basically what this thing does is use the info that you got from tagger and what you already had filled in and does a behind the scenes search on a search engine and will display the cover art for the song.. right click on it and say import to iTunes and waala ! It is a little time comsuming... but in the end it is worth it. Keep in mind that both iTunes and the companion thing are both case sensative and if something is wrong with the data you have for the song it will not find anything. I had problems like :

putting Mercy Me for the artist, when actually the artist is MercyMe or 2pac or tupac or 2 pac....this part of this process drove me nuts ! Anyway if you need any help let me know I have done lots of reading and have been able to figure lots of stuff out. One good thing about the companion if it does not find the artist info you can right click on it and say "Look for album art on google" it will automatically go to the google image results search page with the results you are needing already pulled up. You can then find the correct album cover and save it and then drag and drop it on the companion and right click to import....pretty easy once you get going.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
So far I really like my P3100DVD also

Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 AM
One other thing I noticed about adding album art. If you are manually adding art to an album, make sure you select all of the songs in that album, then select 'Get Info' from the right click menu. There will be an artwork box in there. You can drag the JPG directly from the search and drop it in that box. If you have all the songs selected, Itunes will attach the artwork to each song individually.

This only makes a difference if you had attached the artwork to only one song within an album and then later decide to remove that song. Removing the one song that the artwork was attached to will remove the album artwork for all the songs in that album.

Quick Reply: Finally got the AVH P3100DVD