CD Changer Won't Eject

Old 11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CD Changer Won't Eject

I have an '03 F150 with the stock 6 disk in dash CD changer and the other day, it wouldn't let me eject any of the CD's. When I hit eject and select the disk, it makes a clicking sound and brings the disk up to the top, but won't push it through the opening. I've tried to grab on to the CD and pull it out, but to no avail. Then, I have to push the disk back in repeatedly until it loads it back into place. Otherwise, the flap on the face of the unit won't close and none of the CD's will play. I can switch between disks and play them all, but I just can't eject them.

Anyone with a similar problem or better yet, a solution? Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM
stuck

do you have burned cd's in the player
they will jam up in ford multidisk radios

Old 11-06-2008, 07:28 PM
happened in my dads mustang
while the disk is tryng to eject, i would use another disk to push it back it, the stuck one would catch and get foreced out. then i stopeed using the CD player, haha

Old 11-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I do have some burnt CDs in there, but I haven't had a problem until last week when I put in a store bought CD. The player was making some clicking noises when it loaded and later that day, I tried to eject it and it wouldn't push the CD out. It would just bring it to the top and that was it. I can still listen to the CDs on there and change through them, but I can't eject or load any. I guess if there's not a fix for this, I'll just have to listen to what I have. I would get an aftermarket CD player, but I mainly listen to the radio or iPod. I would still like to get my CD's back though...

Old 11-18-2008, 11:12 AM
stuck, too

Originally Posted by zotman21
do you have burned cd's in the player
they will jam up in ford multidisk radios
I too am experiencing disks sticking but with commercially manufactured disks (so far). I waited about 1/2 hour and the disk will eject just fine. Unless you are using paper labels on the burned disks, I don't understand why the homemade disks would "jam up". Zotman, would you explain further please?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD Changer Won't Eject