Where does the Reverse wire from the Head Unit connect to?

Old 03-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Where does the Reverse wire from the Head Unit connect to?

I'm installing a Reverse camera in my 07 Screw and needed to know where the reverse wire form my head unit goes connected to? I already have power to it and has been grounded. I get the video when I set the head unit to the camera mode, I just need to know where to connect the reverse wire to so that it can turn on when I shift into reverse. I would really appreciate the help.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your reverse wire can be tapped at the fuse box on your pass side panel. I cant remember the color of the wire but if you do a quick search on here for "reverse wire" and it will bring up a few threads with the answer on it. If you have trouble finding it ill look it up for you when i have more time and link it.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks,
I read a couple of threads and that say the green/ yellow wire is where to hook up the reverse wire, but still not certain about it though. I appreciate the help though.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Thumbs up

well the Green and yellow wire didn't work it threw my Valor DTS-660WTS for a loop so I just wired the reverse wire straight to the reverse lights and it works just fine. The Camera and Reverse green wire are both wired into the reverse lights and it works fine. The only thing is if you want to use the camera feature you need to have the camera constantly powered.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Thumbs up

Added constant power to the Edge A2 backup camera by just wiring it into the ACC wire from the head unit. Once the ignition is switched on the camera has constant power and I can use the camera feature on my head unit to view anything behind me while I'm driving. The reverse wire from the head unit was wired to the Reverse lights and automatically come on when I shift the truck into reverse, Pretty cool

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=9566

Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 AM
I viewed your pics.....nice set up and glad you got it all worked out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where does the Reverse wire from the Head Unit connect to?