How to wire in an amp to sub output on Audiophile CD changer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to wire in an amp to sub output on Audiophile CD changer?

I have an 05F150 XLT that I swapped in an Audiophile 6 disc mp3 changer into. My truck doesnt have the subwoofer wiring like trucks that came with Audiophile systems have.

So i want to add an aftermarket amp and sub and keep the head unit. I want to wire the amp signal into the sub output on the head unit. Is this possible? Has anyone done this? Anyone been able to get the pigtail harness that would plug into the back of the HU?

Or another answer that could help me is, for anyone who's added an Audiophile sub into truck that didnt come with one, how did you do it?

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
??

i have the audiophile system and replaced factory 8" sub with JL W3 and added an amp. I asked several stero installers about tapping in to sub outputs they said it could be done of course but didnt know which wires exactly. (alot of help!) I would just get a line out convertor and grab one of the speakers wires and run your rca like that. I grabed the front passenger speker wires in the kick panel and put the loc there and ran 17' rca cables their for now until i install DVD head unit. works good system thumps! hope this helps.

Quick Reply: How to wire in an amp to sub output on Audiophile CD changer?