Harley-Davidson

HELP!!! Weird sound 2011 HD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!!! Weird sound 2011 HD

I would appreciate it if someone can please help me.

I have a 2011 HD 58,000. I recently started hearing and feeling this weird winding, humming and vibration sound in the front end when I begin to come to a stop. This only happens when I am in 2WD. If it's in AWD, it NEVER happens. All is quiet and at about 15 mph when slowing down this weird winding sound starts. It actually feels as if it is pulling/stuck in gear until you come to a stop or right before it stops, you hear/feel a slight click and the sound goes away and the truck feels smooth again.

I brought it to the dealer three times and they said it was unfounded. They reset the computers and said the transmission checked out OK as per the computer and the tech. On the third time, I brought the transmission tech with me for a test drive. He explained he wasn't hearing any noise, until.... I pointed out the sound! He said, oh yeah, uhhhh well, that's sounds normal it's just the shifting of the gears. He truly seems uncomfortable telling me that.. There's no way in hell the sound is normal, which is exactly what I told him. Absolutely no way. I'm thinking it has something to do with the all-wheel-drive. Anyway, if anybody has ever had this problem or has an idea please please let me know because I'm losing my mind here haha! Thanks.

Last edited by Need2retire; 03-19-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:32 AM
AWA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kind-of have the same problem with front end. Loud clicking noise, usually can hear in reverse while turning, and a small bump helps reproduce as well. When moving forward, it doesn't do it as much in 2WD as it does in 4WD. Dealership and other shops hear it, but have no answers. 2011 F150 HDE, 48,000 miles.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Weird sound 2011 HD