Harley-Davidson

Why did you buy a Harley F150?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 04:47 PM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why did you buy a Harley F150?

I've always wanted to know why folks bought a Harley version of the F150. I get that a few years had SC's on them 03, 04, and 07's that I'm aware but after looking at them off and on around places I've lived I could never get a straight answer from an owner. I guess I could understand if all you've owned were Harley motorcycles then it's some kind of brand loyalty but I've met owners who've never even ridden a motorcycle that even own the non-SC versions.

Not trying to rag on anyone but I see HD owners on these forums and others that are asking for mechanics to work on their HD or posting in a specific HD section that their HD A/C doesn't work. Its like damn man, its an F150 under all those logos so relax! I have a hard time thinking HD owners are this crazy but I've witnessed it in person and I know most HD motorcycle owners are bat **** when it comes to brand loyalty from all my years riding. My truck has a Roush SC and I don't look for Roush mechanics lol.

So can anyone spare some knowledge on this? A HD SC version would be cool if you couldn't get/want a Lightning or wanted a SC from the factory like in 07 but when I met folks who've never ridden and own a non-SC version I'm like WTF.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:07 PM
i was looking at used f150's....

came across a clean '06 HD 150 and feel in love. the truck is loaded...

i am currently heavily modifying mine.

pic from today

Old 12-29-2015, 07:18 PM
MDK
Does it have more interior features than a normal 06 F150? Like would it be comparable to a King Ranch or Lariat trim?

Old 12-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by MDK
Does it have more interior features than a normal 06 F150? Like would it be comparable to a King Ranch or Lariat trim?

my understanding is it was the platinum of the day... i've had it a week and still discovering options, lol...

btw, here is my mod thread if you are interested.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ha...y-2006-hd.html

Old 12-29-2015, 07:27 PM
it also has stock 22" wheels, making tires incredibly pricey !!!!

Old 12-29-2015, 10:43 PM
I bought it best I liked it. I came from owning a Silverado Ss and was told by my buddy to get and f150. And to look for a lariet or Harley. I found the Harley and was sold. Mine doesn't have a super charger but is loaded from the factory with a TON of goodies. Also the fact that mine truck has really really good resale value is a major plus.
I love how some of the interior plastics have the Harley emblems.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by 07massHD
I bought it best I liked it. I came from owning a Silverado Ss and was told by my buddy to get and f150. And to look for a lariet or Harley. I found the Harley and was sold. Mine doesn't have a super charger but is loaded from the factory with a TON of goodies. Also the fact that mine truck has really really good resale value is a major plus.
I love how some of the interior plastics have the Harley emblems.

the little harley emblems are a nice touch. looks like carbon fiber until you look closely...

Old 02-12-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I bought my Harley be I got a good deal on it. I bought it in 2014, 2005 F250 Harley Davidson edition 4x4 v10 with 12,500 miles on the truck. I always liked these trucks and got my shot with it. They look good stock and don't need to be messed with to make them unique. Plus it's a v10, it'll pull a house if I need it to.

Pic from the day I got her.
Name:  20140329_180252.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  143.7 KB

Old 03-22-2016, 05:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
why are you telling us you have a roush sc?

i liked that my truck is a little different than most, I like the 6.2 engine and i like the tires and rims. the interior is different. When I got mine everyone and their dog had a white platinum.

the cost was a none issue to me. i don't think i am a bada$$, end of the day it is a f150 that stickered at $51k. The new limited and raptor are going to make that seem cheap.

i tend to find that most people refer to there trucks as, limited, king ranch, lariat, harley, platimum, 3/4 ton, 4x4, diesel, roush, ecoboost.

Saying I have a f150 is 1/2 the story brother

Quick Reply: Why did you buy a Harley F150?