Harley-Davidson

Switching rims on HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switching rims on HD

Hey just thought I'd throw something out there and get some peoples opinions. I recently got an awesome deal on a 2011 black F150 HD. Only problem is I'm not too fond of the color and style of the 22in rims. I'm looking to switch the originals for 18 inch or 20 inch black rims (of course with thicker tread tires too).

Has anyone done this? If so any pictures or suggestions? Doesn't have to be an HD either. Thanks

Old 08-21-2015, 02:54 PM
I don't have any pictures to help you with, but where are you located? It shouldn't be hard to find someone willing to do that swap.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
I don't have any pictures to help you with, but where are you located? It shouldn't be hard to find someone willing to do that swap.
I live in the NYC area. Wouldn't even care if someone wanted to swap. I'm just also curious how it would look or if it's a stupid idea haha.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Switching rims on HD

I won't say stupid but I certainly don't understand it. The HD wheels are awesome.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I won't say stupid but I certainly don't understand it. The HD wheels are awesome.
Yea I suppose you're right after looking at them, kinda growing on me. Thanks

Old 08-21-2015, 11:30 PM
Funny I was reading one of your post from a few years ago about lowering. Is it possible to drop my rear about 1.5 - 2 inches using shackles and wedges? I really want it leveled, but not lifted. Even if I align it correctly with the driveshaft measurements, do you think over time it will blow out the rear or something?

Old 08-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Switching rims on HD

Originally Posted by Need2retire
Funny I was reading one of your post from a few years ago about lowering. Is it possible to drop my rear about 1.5 - 2 inches using shackles and wedges? I really want it leveled, but not lifted. Even if I align it correctly with the driveshaft measurements, do you think over time it will blow out the rear or something?
Won't hurt it at all. Just get the shackle kit that includes the wedges that keeps the pumpkin at the proper angle.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:47 AM
Won't hurt it at all. Just get the shackle kit that includes the wedges that keeps the pumpkin at the proper angle.
Awesome thanks again!

Quick Reply: Switching rims on HD