Harley-Davidson

2007 Harley Starting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Harley Starting Issue

15 minutes ago I wanted to go to the post office. Unfortunately the truck will not start....

Our truck has worked flawlessly since we bought it brand new in 2007. Yesterday I drove the vehicle around town and parked it in the garage when finished. Today I jumped in and turned on the key but it would not start.

The engine turns over per normal but the engine does not "catch". The starter simply keeps running.

All fluids checked. Oil pressure gauge reads midway (normal). Battery power good. Fuel gauge is one third. Lights, radio, aircon all work. Temperature in the garage approximately 1C. No pools of liquid or drips on the floor under the vehicle.

Initial start attempt was in the park position then tried in the neutral position. No start.

Is there any other troubleshooting tasks I can tried to help diagnose the problem before call for a mechanic? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading and your replies.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 01-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thank you for the response. The dealership guys plugged in their doohickies and concluded it is indeed the Fuel Pump Driver module. Seems there is a replacement part nearby and available so it'll be on the road again in a day or so.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: 2007 Harley Starting Issue